Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

this weight loss thing takes too d@mn long! -_-

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 30 Replies
Well I started two weeks ago, at 172.8 lbs. My first week I started eating within my calories, cut out beef and pork, and pasta, stopped drinking pop and drank 8-12 glasses of water daily. First week, i lost 3.6 pounds. Down to 169.2.

Well I weighed again this week and I'm only down to 169. Wtf!! I started Insanity last Monday, so been doing that a week now. I know it builds muscle but not that much that quickly. Soooo aggravating!!!

I'm trying to resist the urge to do a fad diet to give myself a jump start even though everyone keeps telling me I should just cut my carbs. I already cut my carbs WAY back (under 200 a day). This comes from a carb addict. I know your body effing needs carbs so I refuse to do that.

Ugh I'm just so frustrated and I feel like I'll never hit ny goal weight at this rate!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Don't cut your carbs back that much. Carbs fuel your body. Just make sure you're eating good carbs like whole wheat bread, wheat pasta, brown or wild rice. Carbs should be a good portion of your diet doing something as intense as insanity. And healthy weightloss is 1-2 lbs per week but you'll hit plateaus along the way so yes it's a long process. But it works long term bc it's a lifestyle change and not a fad diet. With those you'll most likely gain the weight back pretty quick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM

It is very frustrating at times, I agree.  You have to exercise patience with weight loss as much as you do your body!  Be patient, make good choices, and the weight will come off! 

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Don't cut out carbs. weight loss takes time. You didn't gain the weight over night. Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Patience is the hardest part.  If you lost 3.6 lbs the first week, it might be a couple of more weeks before you lose much of anything.  I've lost 1 lb per week on average but over 18 months, that makes 80 lbs.  You really just have to hang in there and if you do it the right way, it will stay off so you don't have to lose it again in 3 years.  GOOD LUCK!

HezekiahsMom07
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Patience is not my strong suit LOL!! What sucks is that I feel like working out is making it harder because it makes me hungrier. I think I was doing better just eating in my calorie limits without working out, but I know doing so gives the tone.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Patience is the hardest part.  If you lost 3.6 lbs the first week, it might be a couple of more weeks before you lose much of anything.  I've lost 1 lb per week on average but over 18 months, that makes 80 lbs.  You really just have to hang in there and if you do it the right way, it will stay off so you don't have to lose it again in 3 years.  GOOD LUCK!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Don't cut out carbs, your body needs them. Just keep eating healthy and within your calorie range, work out and you will start seeing a difference.

Remember, the weight didn't get put on over night, so you can expect it to melt off overnight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM

These ladies are right...patience mama!

HezekiahsMom07
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:42 PM
But whyyyyyy lmbo!!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Don't cut out carbs, your body needs them. Just keep eating healthy and within your calorie range, work out and you will start seeing a difference.

Remember, the weight didn't get put on over night, so you can expect it to melt off overnight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erica_Smerica
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Baby steps! Keep putting one foot in front of the other and eventually you'll get there.
Keep your chin up mama! You're going to make it. 

*Hugs*

mrsledford09
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Ive been doing Zumba for a month and havent lost a pound =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)