Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

before and after shots.... i'm so proud of myself!

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 49 Replies
4 moms liked this

i decided to bite the bullet and finally put together a before/after collage of when i started to where i am today.  i forgot to take my very first photo back in january because i'm a bonehead but took one early on (after 30day shred and before i started insanity).

insanity helped me shed the fat, trim down and get stronger (i can now do pushups and travelling pushups to boot! :D ) but didn't give me the exact muscle definition i wanted.  i can see the outlines of my obliques if i flex but when i want to see them when i'm not flexing so i plan to use p90x to help me get there.

this is me after completing the insanity program and the day when i started p90x (this is only my 2nd day into p90x).  i did the insanity program a couple weeks longer than 2mos simply because i was going on a 4-5day schedule with 1 or 2 rotations of weight training near the end of the program.

it was hard work and it took me 8mos (i went through 2 other programs to condition my body before i attempted insanity).   i adjusted the insanity program by only doing it 5x/week instead of 6 and i ate clean 24/7 (still do -- i NEVER cheat).  i also went at my own pace... i could have followed the insanity program and menu plan to the last detail but that would mean giving up time with my family and myself!! so i did it on my own terms.

i went from a size 8/9 pants size (with some other brands, i was a size 10) and size M shirt/dress size to a size 2 pants size and size small dress/shirt size.  i'm 5'4 and 36yrs old.   i have no idea how much i weigh because i didn't step on the scale during this whole time; i went by inches lost and how my clothes fit.

today is day 3 of p90x - shoulders/arms and ab ripper x.  i will be doing this program (a p90x/insanity hybrid) to get ripped.  

if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess21608
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM

WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING! I wanna try that after I give my baby the eviction notice in February lol I have always wanted a flat tummy :D keep up the amazing work!

myhandsomelove
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Awesome girl you look good!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Amazing ! You look great ! Keep up the good work !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megthompson920
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Wow great job!!! i want to do insanity after I lose most of my weight. I have a lot to lose, and don't think i could get through five minutes of insanity right now. I'm doing 30 day shred for now, and I'm thinking about getting Jillian's body revolution.

itsm3
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM

i worked up to insanity by doing the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 first since i knew that insanity is not for beginners....  so i took about 2 months to get to insanity.  even still, it kicked my butt.  even now, after i've 'graduated' from the program, some of the phase 2 workouts will still kick my butt!! heck, if it kicks the butts of those in the actual video (and they're BB coaches, trained athletes etc), how are we supposed to last?  :)

just keep at it, you'll get there!  

Quoting megthompson920:

Wow great job!!! i want to do insanity after I lose most of my weight. I have a lot to lose, and don't think i could get through five minutes of insanity right now. I'm doing 30 day shred for now, and I'm thinking about getting Jillian's body revolution.

Charleereno
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Quoting Jess21608:

WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING! I wanna try that after I give my baby the eviction notice in February lol I have always wanted a flat tummy :D keep up the amazing work!

I love the way you worded that!
Charleereno
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I am scared of the insanity work out. I watched a video about it that was so intimidating! The super fit personal trainers they brought in to do just an hour of it looked like their butts got kicked! Good for you for being able to do so well. Maybe I will feel up to the challenge eventually. You look amazing btw. :)
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM
You look fantastic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Good job! I LOVE Insanity! I loaned it to my BFF last week and she told me that we are no longer friends and she doesn't love me anymore.. LOL ...She said she could barely move after day 1, but she pushed and did day 2 anyway. She is a week into it and she has a love/hate relationship with Shaun T..( like everyone else does)

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

km1970
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM

great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)