Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

best workout to tone inner thighs and core?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
  • 17 Replies
I dont even know if its a toning issue at this point or the fact that i've cut back on exercise and have been eating horribly. :/ I was so so close to my goal before going on vacay the first of July, we were gone for 2 weeks and in those 2 weeks all I did was walk and hula hoop a bit with a couple days of yoga (mainly just the sun salutation). I had been doing yoga meltdown 3 days a week so I went back to doing that, but ive been doing it for a couple months now and even though I havent perfected the dvd and its still makea me a bit sore and sweaty, I feel like im gaining fat back and its driving me nuts!! I was working out 6 days a week for a while, then went down to 5, then 4, now 3... All because I was losing my curves and it was making me really discouraged to lose my boobs, so I backed off with the exercise, and my boobs are bigger, but so is my stomach that I worked so hard to try and get rid of!! I want to maintain my current weight/look, just tone up my stomach more and inner thighs... Is cardio the only way at this point? I just dont want to lose my boobs, theyre small enough as it is and the way im built, my body stores most of its fat in my stomach so I always look like a lumpy board. :/ help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnlsmommy
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM

You might try doing squats, with and without weight and maybe a little running also.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Stand in the squats position and turn your toes out a little. Then do squats.....that works inner thighs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

This right here will keep you from being toned.  You have to eat right and exercise to be toned, and that will lower your fat percentage, and in turn, your breasts, which are made of fat, will go down.   You likely know that you don't get to choose where the fat comes from, and you cannot out-exercise a poor diet.  Cardio alone will not tone you up.  You need to be doing strength moves, and not just for your trouble areas, but for your whole body.  It'll help keep you balanced, raise your metabolism, and make you get toned all over, including in those trouble spots.

Quoting tairakittie:

I dont even know if its a toning issue at this point or the fact that i've cut back on exercise and have been eating horribly. :/ I was so so close to my goal before going on vacay the first of July, we were gone for 2 weeks and in those 2 weeks all I did was walk and hula hoop a bit with a couple days of yoga (mainly just the sun salutation). I had been doing yoga meltdown 3 days a week so I went back to doing that, but ive been doing it for a couple months now and even though I havent perfected the dvd and its still makea me a bit sore and sweaty, I feel like im gaining fat back and its driving me nuts!! I was working out 6 days a week for a while, then went down to 5, then 4, now 3... All because I was losing my curves and it was making me really discouraged to lose my boobs, so I backed off with the exercise, and my boobs are bigger, but so is my stomach that I worked so hard to try and get rid of!! I want to maintain my current weight/look, just tone up my stomach more and inner thighs... Is cardio the only way at this point? I just dont want to lose my boobs, theyre small enough as it is and the way im built, my body stores most of its fat in my stomach so I always look like a lumpy board. :/ help!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

tairakittie
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Every workout ive done works the entire body. I did 30DS for a while, I jogged for a while, did crunch cardio salsa for a while, prevention better belly yoga and now yoga meltdown. I was getting discouraged because it always seems like my boobs disappear way faster than anything else and I want to cry when I roll onto my side and all thats there is an empty sack, yet there is obvioisly still fat in my stomach area... Why cant I just transfer that fat? Ugh. My SO and kids are super picky eaters so its hard to eat well, though it is easy enough for me to stop eating junk again... And by junk I mean cookies and sweets and fast food. :/ I was doing so well for so long,then I got discouraged and lost motivation. I still do my yoga meltdown 3 days a week, some weeks its level 1, level 2, level 1, and some weeks its vice versa. I try to stay active durning the day too, I rarely sit down, but SO broke his bike so we quit riding every day... *sigh* Im fighting myself on whether I want to keep some curves (including what left of my boobs) or tone my stomach completely and have empty sacks for boobs... :/

Quoting musicpisces:

This right here will keep you from being toned.  You have to eat right and exercise to be toned, and that will lower your fat percentage, and in turn, your breasts, which are made of fat, will go down.   You likely know that you don't get to choose where the fat comes from, and you cannot out-exercise a poor diet.  Cardio alone will not tone you up.  You need to be doing strength moves, and not just for your trouble areas, but for your whole body.  It'll help keep you balanced, raise your metabolism, and make you get toned all over, including in those trouble spots.

Quoting tairakittie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jhslove
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Pilates!

tairakittie
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Any dvds you recommend? I love yoga and have always wanted to try pilates...

Quoting jhslove:

Pilates!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheWaxQueen
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I find that slow, properly done squats are best for toning my butt and thighs. Drinking lots of water and area-focused massage helped too, but a % of it is genetics of course. 

Or for instant "results" I airbrush tan. It helps me look more contoured how I want to look, temporarily.

Our family had a great yoga video, but sorry don't remember the name.

MamaFerringer32
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:54 AM

I love this lady named Cindy Whitmarsh she is with exercise TV and she is on youtube she has a ton of helpful advice. Like what to eat for flat abs and she has a lot of workouts on youtube too and dvds you can order. Anyway one that I really like is called 5 deadly abs I will list the url's below of a few of her really good ones.

MamaFerringer32
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)