Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Has anyone ever heard of this? I seem to be gaining height as i drop weight. When I was 9 months pregnant almost 3 years ago I was barely 5 ft 3. Just now I am almost 5'5" after losing 50 pounds since having my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Two things can occur when you drop weight, first off, you're going appear taller just because of the loss. 

But you said you actually grew two inches?

It's been said that when people start excising and stretching the muscles, they also stretch the cartilage that connects the bones to one another. That could have been the reason. Also posture, learning to keep your shoulders back and head high, will stretch the neck discs, and the vertebrae cartilage and discs as well. 

randomosityblog
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Noooooooooo! I can't afford to be any taller!! lol I am 6'2"!

abstractmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Lol!!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
That's probably it. I have a lifetime of neck and back problems I've been battling.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Two things can occur when you drop weight, first off, you're going appear taller just because of the loss. 

It's been said that when people start excising and stretching the muscles, they also stretch the cartilage that connects the bones to one another. That could have been the reason. Also posture, learning to keep your shoulders back and head high, will stretch the neck discs, and the vertebrae cartilage and discs as well. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

That absolutely can be the culprit. You need an inversion table. Look them up they aren't too expensive and can be hidden away under your bed out of sight when not in use. 

Quoting abstractmommy:

That's probably it. I have a lifetime of neck and back problems I've been battling.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I love being tall!!!

Well, I'm just 5'10..I'd love to be 6'2!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

randomosityblog
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I absolutely LOVE being tall, too! :) But being taller than 6'2" means my pants would be even MORE expensive. lol

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

I love being tall!!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I already have trouble buying pants with a 36 inseam, 31 waist, as it is. I can't imagine what you go through!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Oh I absolutely LOVE being tall, too! :) But being taller than 6'2" means my pants would be even MORE expensive. lol

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

I love being tall!!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

randomosityblog
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM

It seems the taller you get the BIGGER they expect you to be, so even though I'm plus-sized I'm not a size 26 and my legs are not short lol they are made really weird.. like they expect my crotch area to be super long, so it just kinda hangs there with extra fabric. I usually stick with yoga pants (which are capris on me) lol.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

I already have trouble buying pants with a 36 inseam, 31 waist, as it is. I can't imagine what you go through!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

I love being tall!!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean. I've resolved myself to buying men's jeans. It's easier to find the 31/36 which is like a size 12 which is what I am, 155 pounds.

Quoting randomosityblog:

It seems the taller you get the BIGGER they expect you to be, so even though I'm plus-sized I'm not a size 26 and my legs are not short lol they are made really weird.. like they expect my crotch area to be super long, so it just kinda hangs there with extra fabric. I usually stick with yoga pants (which are capris on me) lol.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

I love being tall!!!

Quoting randomosityblog:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN