Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mom of the Week is: Threes.Company!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok ladies!!! 

We are into a brand new week again, so we have a new Mom of the Week. This week it is Threes.Company. If you are new to the group, the way this works is we profile one mom per week and everyone can ask questions! 

I will start with the basics: 

Name: 

Kids/Names/ Ages: 

Married/ Single/ SO: 

Ready- set- go!!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Who inspires you the most to stay healthy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Bump til u answer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Michelle

31 years old

Lucy (5), Henry (almost 4), Charlie (2.5)

Married for 6 years to Ryan

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM
How's your weight loss going?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jace1028:

Who inspires you the most to stay healthy?

Hmmm, probably myself?  During my journey, I had to rewire my brain and learn to do things on my own and for myself, rather than looking to others for inspiration/motivation (that always failed me in the past!).  With that said, I feel motivated by my desire to be a fit mom for my kids... one who can run around with them and play with them... and I want to be a good example for them!  My BIL inspires me some, too... he does Iron Man competitions all the time, and he's SUPER fit.  I'll never get to that point (nor do I want to!), but seeing him doing all his race stuff inspires me to sign up for more triathlons and races myself.  I also find the before/after pics on here to be inspiring as well.  :) 

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

Threes.Company
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jendawn1:

How's your weight loss going?

It went really well.  I started at 185ish after having my last baby 2.5 years ago.  I am down to about 140 right now.  I was around 138 at my lowest, but I've gone up a little.  Summertime is hard for me.  I hope to push myself more once the kids are back in school and we're back to a normal routine again.  Plus, my gym is closed this week for renovations and working out at home is difficult with 3 kids home!!!  I hope to run outside tonight.  :)

My ultimate goal is 135.  So I'm right in that zone.  If I don't hit 135, I am OK with that.  I am healthy and toned now!  I've shifted to maintenance mode for the most part.

Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM

What is the most exciting thing about your "new self" you've discovered on your journey?

MamaKarrot
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay Michelle! 

wahmx3
by Shelley on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Do you work outside the home? If so, how did you find time initially to fit in exercise?

Threes.Company
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Silvertears1275:

What is the most exciting thing about your "new self" you've discovered on your journey?

I think I was shocked by my lung strength.  I've had asthma most of my life, and I always used it as a crutch growing up... a reason why I couldn't run or do too much cardiovascular work.  After slowly building up my cardiovascular endurance, I was able to start doing long distance running as well as triathlons.  I NEVER in a million years thought I would be able to handle this with my asthma.  I am pleased at how strong my lungs have become!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN