Kristin Tries Bob Harper's "The Skinny Rules" (SUSPENDED: I WILL START NEW JOURNAL JANUARY 1)
I've been trying to bust through a plateau since April. My latest effort begins today. I love Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser fame, so after reading his "The Skinny Rules" book, I thought I'd give it a try. Here are the "rules".. they are better explained in the book. Some are not as restrictive as they sound.
1. drink a large glass of water before every meal--no excuses!
2. don't drink your calories
3. Eat protein at every meal--or stay hungry and grouchy
4. slash your intake of refined flours and grains
5. Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber a day
6. Eat apples and berries every single day. Every. Single. Day.
7. No carbs after lunch
8. Learn to read food labels so you know what you are eating.
9. Stop guessing about portion sizes and get it right--for good.
10. No more added sweeteners, including artificial ones.
11. Get rid of those white potatoes.
12. Make one day a week meatless.
13. Get rid of fast foods and fried foods.
14. Eat a real breakfast.
15. Make your own food and eat alt least ten meals a week at home.
16. Banish high salt foods.
17. Eat your vegetables--just do it!
18. Go to bed hungry.
19. Sleep right.
20. Plan one splurge meal a week.
8/20/12 weight: 161
8/27/12 weight: 158
9/3/12 weight: 157.5
9/10/12 weight: 157
9/17/12 weight: 155.5
9/24/12 weight; 155
10/1/12 weight 153.5
10/8/12 weight: 154 (DH's birthday... enough said)
10/15/12 weight 151.5 (woo-hoo!)
10/22/12 weight 149.5 (bye bye 150s!)
11/12/12 weight 149.5 ... STUCK
11/19/12 weight 147.5 ... UNSTUCK
11/26/12 weight 147.5 (since this is after Thanksgiving... I am good with just maintaining this week)