Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

whole milk question

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 8 Replies
Anyone know how to keep whole milk fresh? This is the second time in a row I bought whole milk for my son and it sours before the date on the jug.

Edit: found the problem my fridge isn't sealing right towards the bottom. Gotta wait to Friday now to get it fixed. Ughh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MamaKarrot
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If milk goes bad before the date I return it to the grocery store.  They give me a new one if I bring the old one in.  It shouldn't be expiring that soon. 

blackoceanveiw
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I tried a half gallon it expired before the date. I tried a gallon it expired again before the date.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

If milk goes bad before the date I return it to the grocery store.  They give me a new one if I bring the old one in.  It shouldn't be expiring that soon. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Dude, totally return that stuff to the store.  

Quoting blackoceanveiw:

I tried a half gallon it expired before the date. I tried a gallon it expired again before the date.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I've never had that problem. Maybe try a different brand. Where do you put it in your fridge?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Never had that problem but return it if its before the date. Also keep milk on the top shelf and in the back of the fridge where its the coldest

jaysmom2002
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I don't like whole milk for that reason mines use to go bad way before the expiration date. I switched over to almond milk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Pick it up from the middle of the shelf (front to back), last, and carry it in either a cooler with ice, or surrounded with frozen foods, until you put it into your fridge, near the back.

Fat goes bad faster than sugar or protein, so you need to be more careful with it.

Also, buy it more often instead of in large quantities --or freeze it in smaller containers.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM
We always buy organic and it comes in opaque jugs do it keeps longer than in clear jugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)