Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need creative ideas...

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM
  • 13 Replies
For breakfast. Okay ladies help me out. I need some ideas for a high protein breakfast. Here is the catch: it must be free of dairy, soy, nuts, eggs and wheat. Any ideas? I do nitrate free bacon on the weekends but that isn't something I want to eat everyday. I usually eat oatmeal but I have been feeling shaky lately around mid-morning. I'm wondering if eating more protein would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Bump no idea..... have you googled any recipes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM

So... what kinds of things do you normally eat for breakfast?  Then maybe we can build the protein from there?

donnakat
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Turkey sausage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RAH8183
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Holy crap that's like all ur major proteins here's a bump GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM
That's a tuff one.
By mid morning I normally need a snack to keep my energy up. Why not try a fish or poltry then. Sorry Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ngm82
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Try cooked chickpea or red beans salad. Or may be hummus on toast? Quinoa salad may be a good idea also.
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I was going to say quinoa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM

In the Middle East, it's common to eat fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumber, fresh feta cheese and olives, all sprinkled with olive oil and pepper for breakfast. It's surprisingly refreshing and satisfying on a summer morning...

LindaClement
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Do you mean 'all dairy' or cow's milk? We have a Mediterranean market here where we can get asses' feta, buffalo feta, yak feta, goat feta and sheep feta... Goat is pretty easy to find in regular grocery stores.

Quoting LindaClement:

In the Middle East, it's common to eat fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumber, fresh feta cheese and olives, all sprinkled with olive oil and pepper for breakfast. It's surprisingly refreshing and satisfying on a summer morning...

mom2boyz8811
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:32 AM
All dairy right now. I'm nursing and I'm on an elimination diet because we think DS has allergies. I hadn't thought about other kinds of dairy. I am doing some food challenges in the next couple of months so I'll have to ask the pediatrician about dairy bs cows milk.

Quoting LindaClement:

Do you mean 'all dairy' or cow's milk? We have a Mediterranean market here where we can get asses' feta, buffalo feta, yak feta, goat feta and sheep feta... Goat is pretty easy to find in regular grocery stores.

Quoting LindaClement:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)