Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 1 Setting Goals

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 253 Replies
3 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 1 of the October Weight Loss Challenge! 

What motivated you to join the October Weight Loss Challenge?

What are your goals for this challenge?

Here are some tips for setting weight loss goals:

• Make it measurable
  • Focus on what is attainable
  • Think about the timing
  • Focus on the process 
  • Plan for setbacks
  • Adjust your goals as needed
  • Make sure you consult a doctor before beginning any weight loss or exercise program.

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I really got off track the last few months when I hit a plateau and kind of gave up trying.  I know participating in this challenge will help put my mind back on healthy weight loss so I can reach my goal weight.

I would like to just get the ball rolling on my eating and exercise again like I did a year ago. :)

DanyielJ
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I just needed some motivation!  I have been having an issue getting into the gym, and I think this will help!!

parkersmama08
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been getting discouraged because I gained a few lbs back and I've got 2 weeks left until I've been on my journey for 1 year and I thought I'd have lost a lot more by now (I've lost 78lbs but gained back a few). I want to do this challenge to PUSH myself farther. I've come so far, I'm not giving up now! This will give me a boost I'm hoping.

hcdeubof3
I want to train for a 5 k and lose 5lbs. Ran today on the treadmill and went a mile
2ninos4me
This will be my motivation to achieve my weight loss goal :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Patience909
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I would like to improve on my eating habits and exercise more regularly
WheelerWife
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I need to get to motivated to go to the gym. Other than that any loss of pounds would be great!
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

After my miscarriage this summer I just kind of stopped doing anything. I HAVE to get back on track to get healthy. My liver demands it. My goals are to start getting up early in the am again to work out, get back to clean eating, and losing 5lbs. 

Dimples303
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I was doing really well for the first month and then I kind of fell off track with my diet, so I decided to do the October Weight Loss Challenge to get back to getting healthy and losing weight!! I think it will be a fun way to keep me motivated! :D

Bmama1
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I've been dieting since june and have lost 25 lbs but have been slacking lately. That's why I want to join.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)