Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 2 Weighing and Measuring

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 200 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 2 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Have you ever calculated your BMR?

Do you weigh and/or measure yourself? If so, how often?

If not, why not?

BMR is your Basal Metabolic Rate - this is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive. Once you add in activity, you will need to consume more calories in order to offset that activity. If you do not eat within your caloric range, your body will go into starvation mode and store fat. You can calculate your BMR here.

Here are the areas measured in weight loss

• Bust
  • Chest
  • Waist
  • Hips
  • Thigh
  • Calves
  • Upper Arm
  • Forearm
  • Neck

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish I had measured myself when I started!  But I've lost pant sizes for sure!

I definitely keep an eye on my BMR, and try to stay just above it (sometimes a little too far above...).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stormycrystal
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I have never calculated it because i do not know how
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Usually weigh a few times a week. Its been a long while since measuring. Probably should do that today
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Hi!

Up in the post is a link to calculate your BMR.  :)

Quoting Stormycrystal:

I have never calculated it because i do not know how

lovebugs_mom906
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I have had my BMR calculated here in in the last month. I haven't measured myself yet, but I weigh myself every few days. I probably shouldn't, but I got into the habit so I was aware if I was gaining.
SMG1120

Yes, my BMR is 2113.9. No I do not measure myself. I do weigh myself every Sunday to see my progress. I find it to be motivating because as long as you are losing weight, even just a pound you know that your hard work is paying off.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I weigh once a week. I do take messurements too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
I just did calculate my BMR for the first time with that link. Mine is 1727.8.
I don't weigh myself unless I go to the doctor, because I don't own a scale at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Well, according to that, I need 1856.9 calories just to stay in bed. lol. Add onto that about 500-800 for breastfeeding, and pumping an extra 12-24 ounces per day. Baby gets no pumped milk either.

I've never looked at that before. I also do not weigh myself everyday. I don't even have a scale to do so on, lol. Only time I ever measure myself, is when I'm looking at clothing to buy, or verifying my bra size, lol. 

I'm not into the whole weigh yourself everyday, or measuring... Why? It will only bring me down instead of help me. I am an emotional eater, and avoiding things that make me feel shitty are better for me in the end. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I like to measure, because it helps me chart my progess. Even if the scale doesn't move, I  know I am making progress by my measurements.

Quoting EslingerCrew11:

Usually weigh a few times a week. Its been a long while since measuring. Probably should do that today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)