Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Needing something new...

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so I am really bored now and I don't think I can continue like this.. lol. I am afraid to weigh myself b/c I am starting to feel like a YOYO. 

Anyone know any secrets secrets or different ways to keep and stay on track. I already do cardio at least 3 days a week, strength training is 2-3 days. so (6 days total) and I feel like a damn yoyo. :( HELP!!

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Have you taken measurements?  If you're not losing weight and you're strength training, it could be that you're building muscle.  Your weight might not go down much, but you're still losing fat and your measurements will reflect that. 

LovingMomma1202
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM

no tape yet.. I forgot to buy one when I was at the store the other day.. :( My tummy is still going down and I see a difference in there and people see a difference in my face and neck..

Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LovingMomma1202:

no tape yet.. I forgot to buy one when I was at the store the other day.. :( My tummy is still going down and I see a difference in there and people see a difference in my face and neck..

This right here shows that you're making progress.  It's not all about how many pounds you weigh... that can fluctuate by several pounds in a single day. If the scale is discouraging you, put it away for a few weeks. Focus on the changes in your body and let that encourage you to keep on.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Aug. 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Change what you are doing.... have you done any exercise dvd's, buy a new piece of exercise equipment (doesn't have to be expensive, stretch bands, ball, hand weights etc). What about eating.... try something different for a change of pace.... do low carb for a week, vegetarian for a week etc, just for a change of pace.Don't weigh yourself for at least a week.... I could never do that though!

LovingMomma1202
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I have done the biggest loser dvd, Body revolution (that's still a little hard for me since I am on the top floor of an apartment with a retired man right under me and 2 rambunkious kids that he has to listen too) I have cardio kick boxing, and a yoga dvd as well.. I have 2 different sets of hand weights that I utilise and I haven't weighed myself for about 2 weeks now.. I think I need more fruits and veggies ( i only get them when we can afford them.. well fruits anyway) wic gives us a ticket for fruits and or veggies.. and we only get 188 on state aid so it's tight around here. expecially at the end of the month where all we have left is rice and pasta.. a few cans of veggies, a can or two of beans and like no meat... hmmm what to do for dinner...

Quoting wahmx3:

Change what you are doing.... have you done any exercise dvd's, buy a new piece of exercise equipment (doesn't have to be expensive, stretch bands, ball, hand weights etc). What about eating.... try something different for a change of pace.... do low carb for a week, vegetarian for a week etc, just for a change of pace.Don't weigh yourself for at least a week.... I could never do that though!

Lwalt1
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Maybe try to change up your exercise routine. I really like doing the beachbody DVD's because each program has a set regimen -- so each day you don't have to choose which workout you're going to do it lays it out for you. This really helps because then you're not over-working muscles and your body never gets used to the workouts -- it really brings more results when you're constantly doing new routines. I did p90x this spring and completed the program. I was SO happy with my results.

I'd still like to try out another program though. I heard that they are coming out with the Brazil Butt Lift Master Series this fall, and even though I'm down to my ideal weight there's still parts of my body that I'd like to tone. I'd defintely recommend looking into a program with a set regimen!

LindaClement
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Plan ... ahead.

Look for classes, look for events, look for teams to join... know the end dates and plan what's next.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN