Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Belly Fat

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi ladies.

I've been exercising for a few months, trying to eat better. I have lost like 20 lbs. and some inches...I like have no butt anymore... My legs, arms, face are all smaller, my belly is a little smaller, but I have alot to go with it. What can I do to tone up that area?

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM

cardio is the only way to blast belly fat; that and clean eating.  you have to lose overall body fat in order to see a reduction in the mid-section.  and i cannot begin to tell you how clean eating is KEY to losing fat in the tummy area... it's often the most hardest to lose (that and the inner thigh area) so you have to eat clean and do cardio to lose the fat.

you should also incorporate some weight training into your rotation.  gaining muscle mass will increase caloric expenditure even at rest.  do some core workouts too to tone the mid-section.  planks are great and work your way up to dynamic plank movements

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I have been doing sit ups with weights, and let me tell you, I can totally feel it the next day.

nlonnon
by Tasha on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Cardio and clean eating are your best bets for belly fat. But even still you cant spot reduce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Weight training will also help you to see a reduction in belly fat (as well as overall fat). 

CarrieSymes
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Honestly I did cardio for awhile and it took  a long time for me to start seeing results. A few months ago I started lifting with weights and I have seen a dramatic loss in my belly fat. 

teyechea
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I am not here to give you advice, I just want to say that you're not alone with the belly fat! I gained about 50 lbs with my pregnancy and I need to lose it before I lose my mind!! I take college classes full time and have my son to take care of, how do you work your gym time into your schedule?? I'm dying to know!!!!

MissDavison
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I work out at home, I walk 2 1/2 miles  a couple times a week, and then on other days I do Billy Blanks cardio for half an hr and then ellilpitcal for half an hr. When I walk I use 3 lb weights. 

I do not eat the best, I do not eat fruits or veggies, never have. I have starting drinking smoothies with strawberrries/blueberries/and spinach in it.

I cut out fast food, soda. I only drink water and hot green tea with lemon and vitamin water.

I eat whole grain bread, pasta, rice.

I have 3 herinated disks in my back and arthritis, so I really cant do situps.

MissDavison
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

this is dec 2011

this is now.

mcoleman14
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Wow!  I see a huge difference in your pictures. :) Congrats- I know it takes a lot of motivation and perserverence to get going and keep the poudns off! I too am on a weight loss journey...I have 2 kids and getting the mommy tummy off is tough- but you CAN do it.  My butt isn't sagging too much but had loads of cellulite in it.  Over the past couple months I've worked my butt off! -seriously!  After having both my son and daughter I have been doing two at home workout programs.  My kids are 18mo apart and I have NO time to go to the gym...  I've lost about 25lbs and I'm still losing weight! The programs I do are called P90X and the other is called Turbo Fire. The programs really target your core area and not only help you lose the weight much faster than traditional cardio but tighten and tone.  I'm curious to learn your story about how you started and more about your journey to weight loss.  Feel free to message me!  We are in the same boat.  Here is a link to a cool video about Turbo Fire.  http://www.teambeachbody.com/watch/products/turbo-fire

iluvmybabe
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I don't go to the gym. I work out at the park and with my "on demand" cable. BUT, your college probably has a gym and u can use it with your student ID.

Quoting teyechea:

I am not here to give you advice, I just want to say that you're not alone with the belly fat! I gained about 50 lbs with my pregnancy and I need to lose it before I lose my mind!! I take college classes full time and have my son to take care of, how do you work your gym time into your schedule?? I'm dying to know!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)