Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am happy the scale has moved a bit this week.  ;)  And I noticed I've been at this for 80 weeks now and I've lost exactly 88 lbs!  yay!!!

I started at 229.0 and now I'm 141.0.  I'm not overweight anymore and I haven't been for a couple of weeks!  :D

I don't really  have any great new progress pics but .....

and these "afters" are a bit older

1. Daily logging on myfitnesspal.  And I mean I have logged everything everyday!  Started around 1800 calories, slowly got down to around 1600 for a long time, recently upped to 1800-ish again.
2. Exercise 6 days per week.  started out with exercise bike, added in Jillian DVDs, eventually got to where I was mostly doing DVDs.  A few months ago I had to quit DVDs because of hip problems so now I do elliptical-like machines and weight lifting at the gym.
3.  My food diary has improved a lot in terms of the quality of food. I  still eat plenty of treats but I find that I eat a lot less processed foods now.  I usually eat out once or twice per week, usually at subway.
4.  Like all us, I'm pretty busy!  I work 1st shift and my husband works 2nd shift and weekends.  2 young kids.  I used to always work out after they went to bed but now I do during my lunch break at work.  I fix some food over the weekend to last through the week and I cook quick things a lot, like fajitas, eggs and guacamole, etc.
5. patience!  1 week of no weight loss does not equal a plateau.  3 weeks might but just keep on going!  lol
6.  Apparently I like the hand on hip pose for my progress pics ;)

did I miss anything?

My ultimate goal is to get into the 130s.  AND STAY THERE! lol

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
iwannalose10
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulations!!  U Rock mama!!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I usually fix a bunch of stuff on the weekend that will be my lunches for work.  This week, I made a whole thing of lasagna with onions, bell peppers, etc., for example.

I actually like to eat the same things a lot! 

I usually eat subway for dinner 1 night per week, so that's not helpful!  lol
I usually eat 3 poached eggs with guacamole and toast 1 night per week
I usually eat homemade pizza (homemade dough and loads of veggies) 1 night per week
I eat fajitas or taco salads a lot

Other things I eat would be like homemade chicken nuggets, chicken muffins, meatballs, baked chicken breasts, etc.  Sides would be roasted veggies, mashed potatoes with steamed veggies, sauteed bell peppers and onion. I use skinnytaste.com and other websites quite a bit to find new stuff to make occassionally.  Skinnytaste has some good porkchops, cajun pasta, sides, and desserts on there.

:)  HTH

Quoting luzngkntrl:

Hi there:) You look great, congratulations! Could you please share your meal menus with me? I'm just starting out and I'm already getting bored with what I'm eating. I could really use some ideas for healthy meals. Thanks!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luzngkntrl
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Stefanie83:

I usually fix a bunch of stuff on the weekend that will be my lunches for work.  This week, I made a whole thing of lasagna with onions, bell peppers, etc., for example.

I actually like to eat the same things a lot! 

I usually eat subway for dinner 1 night per week, so that's not helpful!  lol
I usually eat 3 poached eggs with guacamole and toast 1 night per week
I usually eat homemade pizza (homemade dough and loads of veggies) 1 night per week
I eat fajitas or taco salads a lot

Other things I eat would be like homemade chicken nuggets, chicken muffins, meatballs, baked chicken breasts, etc.  Sides would be roasted veggies, mashed potatoes with steamed veggies, sauteed bell peppers and onion. I use skinnytaste.com and other websites quite a bit to find new stuff to make occassionally.  Skinnytaste has some good porkchops, cajun pasta, sides, and desserts on there.

:)  HTH

Quoting luzngkntrl:

Hi there:) You look great, congratulations! Could you please share your meal menus with me? I'm just starting out and I'm already getting bored with what I'm eating. I could really use some ideas for healthy meals. Thanks!

Thanks! I appreciate your help very much!

Amanda52007
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
You look fantastic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Woot woot!!! You look just amazing, Stef!! I'm so proud of you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Stefanie...I'm SO very proud of you....great job!

-JellyfishEgg-
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so amazing!! I just started my weightloss journey (again) and I'm feeling very inspired by your photos! Congratulations!

vtpt
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome steady work and progress results!  You look great, keep up the good work!

pattykate7
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

good job

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)