Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: How Much Water Do You Drink?

Welcome to Day 5 of the October Weight Loss Challenge.

How much water do you drink a day?

Do you prefer your water to be bottled, filtered or from the tap?

How much water will you drink today?

What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

A healthy womans adequate water intake is at least 2.2 liters per day for normal body function. Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water is roughly 1.9 liters. You will need a higher water intake if you are active.

Why water is important:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
ForeverInLove
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

How much water do you drink a day? Not enough, lol. Suggestion is half your body weight in ounces of water in order to keep hydrated.

Do you prefer your water to be bottled, filtered or from the tap? Depends. If tap is well water, that isn't hard, I prefer tap. Otherwise, give me reverse osmosis water filtration please :)

How much water will you drink today? I can't predict that.

What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated? I'm drinking coffee right now :) My other drinks, though, include Mountain Dew, 100% juice, and the occasional bit of frozen wine at night :)

DanyielJ
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I drink between 64-120 oz a day! I also have my coffee in the morning. :0)
My goal today is 120oz. I don't really have a preference for bottled or not. We have ok water here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I don't drink enough water, its a daily struggle for me. This week imo only drinking water with lemon in it sort of as a flush to cleanse my system but I can't give up my morning coffee. I'm an iced coffee addict so its kindaa driving me crazy!lol

I prefer well water but live in the city now so I drink filtered tap water or Deer Park bottled water because our tap water has a strange taste to it. Today will be day number 3 of only water for me and it does feel good. :-)
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I try and get at least 64oz. I prefer my water from my tap. My goal today is around 90oz of water to get hydrated again.
jengo413
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

not as much as i should...i drink 2-3 8oz glasses a day. i prefer botled or filtered. im gonna set a goal to try and drink more than 3 glasses of water today.

aJiG827
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Since I'm nursing, I usually have at least 12 glasses a day. We have a filter pitcher.

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Not nearly enough. I used to drink at least 32 oz right after my runs when I was running. It's been a while though. Any water I drink comes from tap and filtered with my Brita pitcher. Its the only way I will drink the water in this town lol. I LOVE my Brita pitcher. My kids do too. Its all they will drink from as well. I mostly drink tea. 

Mommy4two
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Yes, I do drink water, you should be getting half your body weight in oz. so I drink on average 1 gallon a day 64oz... I like mine either filtered or out of a bottle, really don't like tap water "yuck"... I don't really drink anything else now...

aprilsalcro
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I drink nothing but water so at least 8 cups a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I drink filtered water, but dh keeps using it for dd and not refilling it so its frustrating. When there's cold water I could easily drink 60. oz. Today I will try to get at least 16 oz every time I eat that's pretty close.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)