Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: How Much Water Do You Drink?

Welcome to Day 5 of the October Weight Loss Challenge.

How much water do you drink a day?

Do you prefer your water to be bottled, filtered or from the tap?

How much water will you drink today?

What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

A healthy womans adequate water intake is at least 2.2 liters per day for normal body function. Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water is roughly 1.9 liters. You will need a higher water intake if you are active.

Why water is important:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
ashleigh24
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I try to drink about 4 or 5 water bottles a day but I refill with my filtered water. I prefer bottled water but I'll drink tap too I just mix it with crystal light packet to taste yummy. I plan on drinking a couple of bottled water today but im going on a field trip so I forget to drink when I'm busy. So I'll try to remember todat just because you asked :) I also drink vitamin water which is yummy and helps me on days that I'm exhausted. I love water and luckily so does my dd!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

To me water is water. I drink it everyday and try to get in 8-10 cups a day. I love water! 

SAHMto_2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Either bottled or filtered. I make an effort to gt at least 64oz a day and usually surpass it. I have a large bottle I carry around all day and I make sure to go through it at least 4 times.

5forjulie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

4-5 glasses a day

I like it from the refrigerator 

TurboMom81
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I don't drink as much as I should. I do about 16 oz of tap water, 24 oz of Propel Zero, the rest is Coffee and Pepsi Max

yadira1980
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Out of the fridge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Some days it's as little as 3-16 oz bottles of water. Other days I get at least 6-16 oz bottles. Before I had dd I HATED water & refused to drink it. Now as long as it is bottled & ice cold I can drink a ton. I'm going to shoot to drink 6 bottles today. One down so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I try to drink 70oz a day. I just keep tap water in the fridge so it's always super cold. I'm trying to just stick with water and only water for a while.
SMG1120
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I drink at least a gallon of water a day, if not more most of the time. I've always been like. My mom says that when I was little she would buy my brother and I a soda to share and that I would throw a fit because I wanted water. I'm a water drinker and that's all I will drink 99% of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I strive to drink that much, but I end up busy and forget.  I drink from the tap, also tea, coffee, cran juice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)