October Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: How Much Water Do You Drink?
Welcome to Day 5 of the October Weight Loss Challenge.
How much water do you drink a day?
Do you prefer your water to be bottled, filtered or from the tap?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?
A healthy womans adequate water intake is at least 2.2 liters per day for normal body function. Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water is roughly 1.9 liters. You will need a higher water intake if you are active.
Why water is important:
- Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
- Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
- Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
- Energizes your muscles
- Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
- Maintains healthy bowel function