Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: How Much Water Do You Drink?

Welcome to Day 5 of the October Weight Loss Challenge.

How much water do you drink a day?

Do you prefer your water to be bottled, filtered or from the tap?

How much water will you drink today?

What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

A healthy womans adequate water intake is at least 2.2 liters per day for normal body function. Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water is roughly 1.9 liters. You will need a higher water intake if you are active.

Why water is important:

• Water flushes toxins out of our vital organs.
  • Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration will make you tired, draining your energy levels.
  • Drinking water helps control your between meal cravings
  • Energizes your muscles
  • Keeps your skin hydrated which allows us to maintain a youthful appearance
  • Maintains healthy bowel function

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
Smilely08
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I love water, I drink about 4 bottles a day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eventtalk
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I mostly drink water, hot or cold. Hopefully at least 32 oz a day, but I try to drink 64 oz. Mostly filtered tap water. I also drink lemonade.

Helping moms help their families.

www.BusyMommas.com

newmomma2011

i drink more water then n ething else but i think i could drink more 

lovebugs_mom906
I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Tap water here is gross, so I drink filtered water (we have a Brita pitcher).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrennaLyons

I don't drink enough water. It's a major problem for me. Today, I'm drinking a lot, because I know I'm dehydrated. I'll probably drink about three quarts today, but I don't keep a full glass of water next to me all the time like I should, so most days, I drink less than a quart. That's not ideal, I know.

Another lady on here suggested using slices of cucumber and lemon in the water. That may work well for me, because I like lemon in water already, and it will give a hint of flavor.

I prefer filtered water from the fridge or the filtered pitcher.  I don't drink most juices because they are mostly sugar, but I occasionally drink orange juice after a hard workout. I crave the potassium, so I also sometimes eat a banana after a hard workout. I also don't drink caffeine at all, to avoid dehydrating myself more...and because I get kickback migraines from the caffeine. I sometimes have a glass of Crystal Light lemonade or Fresca. The only milk I drink is skim milk, but that's still about half milk solids instead of water.

Baby3dueinmay
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I drink a ton of water. Except for a little bit of milk with ceateslbin the morning that's all I drink. I don't like juice or pop or coffee and I live water. I mostly drink tap unless I have to buy a bottled water fur a trip or some thing. I reuse my bottles though and drink around 5-6 of them as full waterbottles or 3 of te 50oz big bottles.
I think I'm going to drink just as much today as normal because I love it so much and it's good for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
80 to 100 a day! Usuall don't drink anything else but water except on saturday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
donnadea
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I drink water but pobably not as much as I should.

I also drink tea, sugar free kool aid and occasionally diet pepsi

dream528
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I've been trying to drink more water. While I crave water at night...I'm guilty of loading up on coffee throughout the day. My goal is always 8 glasses a day. Some days I make it. Others? Not so much.

While I don't mind tap, I usually drink bottled water.

rockinfirekitty
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I fill up an apple juice container with water each morning and try to drink that by the end of the day. I drink tap but I wish it was filtered. I think we have amoebas in our drinking water lol But thats about it. I try not to drink anything besides water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)