Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 14 Favorite Beverages

Cafe MichelleP
Football, football and more football. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Yesterday at 9:09 PM
Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 113 Replies

Welcome to Day 14 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What are your favorite beverages?

Are you a soda/juice drinker?

How many sodas, glasses of juice or other sugary drinks do you consume a day?

Will you challenge yourself to eliminate or reduce the amount of soda, juice and sugary beverages you drink today?

Here is a list of 'danger drinks' that should be consumed in moderation

• Soda
  • Fancy coffees
  • Milkshakes
  • Fruit drinks
  • Alcohol
  • Whole Milk

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Coffee and water
No
None
I don't need to... I drink black coffee in the am and water the rest of the day.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Welcome to Day 14 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What are your favorite beverages?

Are you a soda/juice drinker?

How many sodas, glasses of juice or other sugary drinks do you consume a day?

Will you challenge yourself to eliminate or reduce the amount of soda, juice and sugary beverages you drink today?

Here is a list of 'danger drinks' that should be consumed in moderation

• Soda
  • Fancy coffees
  • Milkshakes
  • Fruit drinks
  • Alcohol
  • Whole Milk

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:59 AM

What are your favorite beverages? My absolute favorite is Coca-cola. 

Are you a soda/juice drinker? Yes to both soda and juice.

How many sodas, glasses of juice or other sugary drinks do you consume a day? 1 -2 

Will you challenge yourself to eliminate or reduce the amount of soda, juice and sugary beverages you drink today? Nope, not on the weekend. Ask again on Monday..lol. :)

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM
My favs are iced coffees & diet pepsi :-(
No juice just soda
3 or more
Yes I am trying to eliminate all soda from my diet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHMto_2
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Tea coffee and water! I rarely drink soda or juice, I don't buy it for anyone accept DS's lunch for school. And I get the 100% juice, no hfcs stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby3dueinmay
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Nothing but water for me. I have a lil milk with breakfast but that's it. I hate juice because it sticks to my throat. Font like pop because it hurts my throat. And my religion says no to coffee dnd alcohol. So water it is. Avs I drink around 4 to 5 liters a day of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I love coffee in the morning (on cold days) and then I love Dew during the day, lol. I don't get to drink a lot of it though, as money has been tight. Other than that, I dirnk water or a glass of milk. I have been getting into the Daily's and Arbor Mist frozen things though. I drink a half of one once every week, maybe. Until the two three that i have are gone anyways, lol.

Will I challenge myself to drink less? Nope. I'm not drinking much of anything today... I have water in the fridge. I'm drinking coffee right now. So, there isn't much to challenge. I'm not giving up my milk with dinner either.

leidy2011
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I love coffe and water.
I don't drink much soda. Maybe once a week the most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I do drink a lot of soda and need to cut down. Its my main source of caffiene

MaskedMomma
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM

water, sometimes sweet tea, orange juice, or sprite

no I usually just drink water I might have a soda or a tea or two in a week.

usually don't consume any

sure but not sure how I can reduce it more... years ago I decided to make huge lifestyle changes and  I cut out all pop...I dropped 2 pant sizes in a month, and I kept just not drinking pop, I eventually decided to occasionly drink sweet tea a few times a week because I was starting to get sick of the water.

ooooh cool tip for ya'll. If you don't like the non-flavor of water add some frozen fruit to your glass or bottle. blueberrys are really good, so are strawberries or razberrys.Apple slices are alright if you let them sit in there long enough. it helps flavor your water AND keep it cold. plus there is no added chemicals or calories or any of that like you would get with that crystal light crap or whatever it's called. Plus once your fruit defrosts you can eat it which helps you get in enough fruit everyday...

aidensmomma508
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Diet coke is my fav
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)