Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 3 Walking

Welcome to Day 3 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Are you a walker?

Do you enjoy walking?

Have you ever used walking as a form of exercise?

Will you walk today? How far and/or how long?

A routine of brisk walking has been proven to have the same effects as more strenuous exercise such as jogging or running. Walking also has many good health and weight loss benefits such as:

• Lowering 'bad' cholesterol
  • Raising 'good' cholesterol
  • Reduces the risk/or manages type 2 diabetes
  • Manages your weight
  • Helps you to stay fit

Make walking comfortable by maintaining good posture. Keep your head up with your eyes forward, shoulders back and relaxed. Remember to tighten your abs and buttocks as well. If you have a pedometer, use it to track your steps/distance.

Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned pro, anyone can effectively and safely lose weight by walking.

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
Bmama1
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I love walking. Either outside or on the treadmill. The only problem is my hips aren't too good after kids so sometimes they hurt. I hope ill be able to walk today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Are you a walker?  I do walk-at-home videos quite frequently

Do you enjoy walking? Yes I do, I'd love to do it outside alone more often, but I have to take the kids and they're pretty slow walkers.

Have you ever used walking as a form of exercise? Yes

Will you walk today? How far and/or how long? I don't think so.  I did a WAH last night for 45 min (3 mi), but I think I'm doing yoga today.

Patience909
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I rather run but I walk when I can't . I plan on walking today
fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I LOVE walking but with working full time and being a full time student it has been pushed to the back burner.  Today I will walk 45 minutes with my dogs after work!  That is my goal for today.

eventtalk
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Yes, I try to walk at least 15-20 minutes a day. I'm usually baby wearing my daughter so that adds in my strength training for the day.

Helping moms help their families.

www.BusyMommas.com

red_head_mommy2
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
I love to walk. Can't figure which I like better outside or on treadmill.
I walk all over the place since don't have car.
I already did 20 min on treadmill. I will be taking bus doing my stuff so there is walking there not sure how much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I do not walk as excersise. I also will not be excersising because I'm sick today; fever all night :(
sexydiva4279
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I walk my daughter to school Then walk back to get the bus to go to work. I also walk for about 45 minutes around Manhattan on my lunch break. I love to walk outside. In the gym I try To do more intense workouts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillyfrosty
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Yes, I am a walker. I don't have a car, so unless I can arrange a ride somewhere, I have to walk. I do enjoy walking, especially with my daughter in her stroller. I have also used walking as a form of exercise. Sometimes I'll go to the mall just to walk around for a couple of hours. My town has their annual Harvet Hustle this weekend. There is a 7k run and a 2 mile walk. I'm not big on running, but I will be participating in the walk.

Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I am a walker! It is my favorite physical activity (besides lovin' my hubby!) I love going on brisk walks in the morning. I can walk for hours now. =]

I want to walk today. And I am going to try. Working and kids make my schedule hectic but I NEED to carve out more me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN