Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 3 Walking

Welcome to Day 3 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Are you a walker?

Do you enjoy walking?

Have you ever used walking as a form of exercise?

Will you walk today? How far and/or how long?

A routine of brisk walking has been proven to have the same effects as more strenuous exercise such as jogging or running. Walking also has many good health and weight loss benefits such as:

• Lowering 'bad' cholesterol
  • Raising 'good' cholesterol
  • Reduces the risk/or manages type 2 diabetes
  • Manages your weight
  • Helps you to stay fit

Make walking comfortable by maintaining good posture. Keep your head up with your eyes forward, shoulders back and relaxed. Remember to tighten your abs and buttocks as well. If you have a pedometer, use it to track your steps/distance.

Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned pro, anyone can effectively and safely lose weight by walking.

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Replies (41-50):
mommaheather87
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I used to walk all the time. m sure I'll get plenty of walking done this next week. We're going to Talladega for a week so we'll be busy walking everywhere!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashtonsmommy21
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I'm not much of a walker but I do like running. I run about three miles at a time which I huge since I couldn't run a mile a couple of months ago.
momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I walk on my treadmill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:32 AM
I don't mind walking, but I don't do it enough. I feel so fat when I get winded walking around the block. I should go for a walk today, my kids love it. Except my dd loves to walk too which makes it not much exercise for me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rigosgurl
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I love takin the kids for walks. Will do a lil bit of walkin today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parkersmama08
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I enjoy walking, and I'm currently doing the C25K program to be a runner too. I walk/run 3 times a week as exercise. I plan on walking/running tonight for 30 minutes.

susie3g
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Are you a walker? Yes, I just started walking 2 days ago, and boy oh boy do my legs ache! LOL
Do you enjoy walking? I enjoy it somewhat.

Have you ever used walking as a form of exercise? Yes

Will you walk today? How far and/or how long? Today is iffy. My legs hurt so much. I know if I walk, I won't be able to go at the pace I've been going. If I DO walk, it'll be a mile. 

Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Yes I am a walker but I don't do it as much as I should! I like it but won't be doing it today cause I am in a class today ugh! I walk about a mile or more I mostly do the elliptical
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby3dueinmay
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Around town I don't really enjoy it. It gets boring. When were camping I live walking. When I was prego I walked as I got closer to the due date but that's the only time I use it for exercise. I won't be walking today. My exercise has to be interesting or I don't it. My exercise is Zumba and DDR dancing and such. If I could find normal exercise fun I would do it. I lose interest and end up stopping if its interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Will be doing my couch to 5k training so some walking will be done in between running :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)