Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charting your food intake is a good way to track your weight loss progress.

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal?

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey?

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily?

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
sexydiva4279
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I use an app on my phone. So far it's helping to keep me in check. I also weigh my food to make sure I'm eating the correct portions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM
My Fitness Pal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
Would love to have some new active members!
Yesterday at 4:44 PM
Moms Just Wanna Have Fun Group - CafeMom

We are a great fun group! We talk about everything, play games and have contests with real prizes! Come make some friends and have some fun!

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM
i dont but i think i should start
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I dont use a journal.  A couple years ago I did a diet where I really watched what I ate and knew the calories.. so its just became a habit for me to now know and watch

MissElissa21
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I don't have a journal. I can normally remember what I ate on any day. Normally it's not very much. Eating is something I frequently forget to do. Like today, it;s 10:20 am and I have had 3 sunchips and a glass of water. I have been up since 6:45 am. Lunch will be soon, but IDK what we are having. 

Baby3dueinmay
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I think I'll try a food bjournal. Maybe it will help me eat better because ill see what I've already eatin. I used one before buy not to write things down on. Just to keep track of calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal? I use MyFitnessPal, an app for my phone.

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey? It has helped me to stay under my calorie goals by seeing the number of calories I have left for the day.

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily? I do use a journal.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I don't track my food or calories beyond keeping a meal plan posted.  I know my portion sizes and I stick to them.

.Peaches.
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I did that once when I was counting calories...it turned into a toxic situation for me, so no, I don't anymore.

zianneaaliyah
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I used to track my food and it was too forced to me. I'm making this a lifestyle change and I don't like the idea of feeling structured into eating. I want to enjoy it. 

I just make sure I'm eating the healthiest of my possible choices and just making sure to keep my portions small. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN