Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 17 Food Journal

Welcome to Day 17 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Charting your food intake is a good way to track your weight loss progress.

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal?

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey?

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily?

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I use an app on my phone. So far it's helping to keep me in check. I also weigh my food to make sure I'm eating the correct portions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM
My Fitness Pal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM
i dont but i think i should start
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I dont use a journal.  A couple years ago I did a diet where I really watched what I ate and knew the calories.. so its just became a habit for me to now know and watch

MissElissa21
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I don't have a journal. I can normally remember what I ate on any day. Normally it's not very much. Eating is something I frequently forget to do. Like today, it;s 10:20 am and I have had 3 sunchips and a glass of water. I have been up since 6:45 am. Lunch will be soon, but IDK what we are having. 

Baby3dueinmay
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I think I'll try a food bjournal. Maybe it will help me eat better because ill see what I've already eatin. I used one before buy not to write things down on. Just to keep track of calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal? I use MyFitnessPal, an app for my phone.

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey? It has helped me to stay under my calorie goals by seeing the number of calories I have left for the day.

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily? I do use a journal.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I don't track my food or calories beyond keeping a meal plan posted.  I know my portion sizes and I stick to them.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I did that once when I was counting calories...it turned into a toxic situation for me, so no, I don't anymore.

zianneaaliyah
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I used to track my food and it was too forced to me. I'm making this a lifestyle change and I don't like the idea of feeling structured into eating. I want to enjoy it. 

I just make sure I'm eating the healthiest of my possible choices and just making sure to keep my portions small. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)