Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 17 Food Journal

Welcome to Day 17 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Charting your food intake is a good way to track your weight loss progress.

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal?

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey?

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily?

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (31-40):
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I dont use a food journal. I've tried in the past but never make it longer than a day or two. I need to try again though. I don't really track calories period :/
MsEmma88
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I use my fitnesspal it at least gives me an estimate of what I'm eating and I can look back and see what needs to be changed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5forjulie
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Yes I do use a journal to keep track of my food 

dmwood
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I use MyFitnessPal.com.

SAHMto_2
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I use a journal and it works really well. I just don't always remember to use it. I try to keep a running total in my head though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parkersmama08
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I use my fitness pal. Love it!

NICHOLE87
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I have my fit pal it work great for me. It's really easy for me to keep up ...I only have online one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM
No, I just count my points now. I used to write it down so I remembered, but no need to now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
Just finished watching "Heaven is for Real" What a sweet, beautiful movie!
Today at 1:18 AM
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I keep a journal on My Fitness Pal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyGaddis
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I use an app on my phone called Noom. I love it. You don't have to count every single calorie you take in.

It goes by "green" foods, "yellow" foods, and "red" foods. Green being the good, best foods such as fruits and veggies, whole grains, beans, etc. Red foods being soda, full fat yogurt, candy, etc. It has you log the type of food you are eating in every meal by a measurement, like with veggies, is it golf ball size, baseball size, or softball size.

If gives you an "ideal" pie chart with percents of all the colors and what you should be trying for 50% green, 35% yellow, and 15% red. I don't so much worry about that for every meal as I do for the whole over all day. So if I see that for the whole day I have over the amount of red that is ideal, I will cut our some dressing on my salad, or not put butter on my steamed veggies, or eat more of a green food.

It has helped me a lot!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)