Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charting your food intake is a good way to track your weight loss progress.

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal?

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey?

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily?

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (41-50):
dream528
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I tried keeping somewhat of a food/calorie intake journal through one of those free-to-use websites. I didn't really like it, though!  I found that by counting every last thing I was eating, I put restrictions on myself that I resented and sort of set the stage to fail.

I know a lot of folks find success with those...but I was not one of them.

fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I use my fitness pal to track my food and exercise.

MaskedMomma
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM

yes I do but not online.

It's helped me because I can look and see what nutrients I'm lacking in my diet and if I'm eating enough or too much of things.

Augmama2be
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I do not currently use a journal. I used one when I did weight watchers and it worked great.

mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM

i dont & i dont track my food intake

chunkyhoney78
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I have used a journal before but this time around I haven't. Im counting carbs not calories I can do it pretty good in my head right now since I'm at 50 grams a day now once I started to increase my carb intake then I might need to have something like this to help keep track.

ripemango
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM

i use myfitnesspal. it does make a difference but i feel like i become obsessive about it. i kind of hate it but becoming obsessive about it is how i can lose or maintain. if i don't track, i gain

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

red_head_mommy2
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

not sure if you can call it journal or not but i log all my food and wrkouts n myfitness pal. it has helped me so much.

EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Sometimes I use myfitnesspal.com... Its great for keeping track of what I eat and my calories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I log on myfitnesspal, if only it helped me lose weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN