Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 17 Food Journal

Welcome to Day 17 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Charting your food intake is a good way to track your weight loss progress.

Do you use a food journal? How about an online journal?

How has using a journal helped you in your weight loss journey?

If you don't use a journal, how do you track the amount of food or calories you consume daily?

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Replies (41-50):
dream528
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I tried keeping somewhat of a food/calorie intake journal through one of those free-to-use websites. I didn't really like it, though!  I found that by counting every last thing I was eating, I put restrictions on myself that I resented and sort of set the stage to fail.

I know a lot of folks find success with those...but I was not one of them.

fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I use my fitness pal to track my food and exercise.

MaskedMomma
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM

yes I do but not online.

It's helped me because I can look and see what nutrients I'm lacking in my diet and if I'm eating enough or too much of things.

Augmama2be
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I do not currently use a journal. I used one when I did weight watchers and it worked great.

mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM

i dont & i dont track my food intake

chunkyhoney78
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I have used a journal before but this time around I haven't. Im counting carbs not calories I can do it pretty good in my head right now since I'm at 50 grams a day now once I started to increase my carb intake then I might need to have something like this to help keep track.

ripemango
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM

i use myfitnesspal. it does make a difference but i feel like i become obsessive about it. i kind of hate it but becoming obsessive about it is how i can lose or maintain. if i don't track, i gain

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

red_head_mommy2
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

not sure if you can call it journal or not but i log all my food and wrkouts n myfitness pal. it has helped me so much.

EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Sometimes I use myfitnesspal.com... Its great for keeping track of what I eat and my calories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM
I log on myfitnesspal, if only it helped me lose weight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)