Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 6 Outdoor Play Time

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • 139 Replies

Welcome to Day 6 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What are your favorite outdoor activities to do with your kids or as a family?

When was the last time you went outside and 'played'?

What are you going to do to be active today?

It's the Weekend! Let's go outside and do something fun with the kids or as a family.

Here are a few suggestions for calorie burning fun:

• Relay races in the backyard
  • Hula hooping/Jumping rope
  • Bike riding
  • Hiking/nature walk
  • Play a game of tag
  • Basketball in the driveway
  • Frisbee
  • A game of catch

Whatever activity you chose today, remember to keep your heart rate up and have FUN!

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I plan on taking my kids to the park today....its still warm enough here to swim, so we might do that too.

Beautiful31mom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:02 AM

What are your favorite outdoor activities to do with your kids or as a family?

we love to just get out and play.

When was the last time you went outside and 'played'?

Saturday

What are you going to do to be active today?

Probably play on the wii, it is raining and cold here. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM
We play with the dog or jump on the trampoline. It was last weekend. Its getting cold here. My daughter likes to hoop with me in the house. I'll probably go for a run or do some yoga.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM

What are your favorite outdoor activities to do with your kids or as a family?Well, since school is in session, we don't have much time to go outside with homework and extracurricular activities.. This weekend will be difficult as we have out of town visitors ( Grandparents). We'll be spending all of our time with them since we don't get to see them much during the school year.

When was the last time you went outside and 'played'? I went outside with the kids last weekend and they told me to come inside as they don't like to play with me. LOL 

What are you going to do to be active today? Not sure... since we have out of town visitors we will unfortunately spend most of our time playing games with them. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

kngarber
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Our park is about a mile away from the house, so I like walking to the park and playing with my girls.  We went for a walk outside on Thursday night. 

Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Last Sunday I played softball for my sister-inaw's team. I was catcher. I felt it for days. Lol

Today it's too cold to go out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM
We like to ride our bicycles around the park as a family! Then our oldest goes crazy on the playground. Lol
parkersmama08
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I love taking my kids to the park, and we have 4 within a mile radius of us so we switch it up! We also love going to the zoo on occasion! :) Playing in the backyard is fun when it's nice out. Today we might not get much outside time as it is cold and rainy here.

Silvertears1275
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM

What are your favorite outdoor activities to do with your kids or as a family?  Nature walks.  We love all the trails in our area.

When was the last time you went outside and 'played'?  Monday.  The Rocket Slide at the park is scary.

What are you going to do to be active today?  My kids will be running around Chuck E Cheese for my oldest's birthday, but later I'll walk.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM
We like to go to the parks and play. We also like to go for walks around the neighborhood and the girls love riding their bikes. Depending on the weather today we might go out and play hopscotch and draw pictures with sidewalk chalk :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)