Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

im not doing it right am i?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
I cant seem to loose weight. I move around all the time and ive cut back a little eating certain foods. I just have constipation so bad, so im bloating all the time. I have some bad eating habits but i cant seem to eat a balanced meal. Its gotta be an easier way and im 42 it use to be easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Maybe you have an undiagnosed food allergy like I did. It seemed like nothing was ever going to work before I learned that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM
I agree with ^. Are you getting enough water? You could be constipated from dehydration. Bloating could be from too much sodium.

Try adding more fiber to your diet and cut out one "bad" food a week or add in a better food. For instance if you eat McD every Weds lunch get water instead of soda or bring a lunch and only get a small ice cream from McD. Small changes are more practical than large immediate changes. You will not feel overwhelmed changing one thing at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma1234
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I agree. I dont drink soda anymore. I do be dehydrated sometimes.and ive been eating fiber bars and cereal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Are you tracking your food?  Drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day?  Try eating clean food...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and stay away from the processed food.  Hugs mama!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I have some obvious questions..

Do you track calories? What do you eat? Do you know what a proper portion size looks like? How much water do you drink? Do you workout at all? If so, how often and what do you do? 

Eating cleanly is the best thing you can do for yourself- this means avoiding processed foods, eating whole foods and drinking water. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

eema.gray
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I would try eliminating all grain (wheat of course but also rice, corn, rye, barley, etc), all dairy, all sweeteners, and all fruit except for berries for six weeks.  Then re evaluate your progress and test out foods you eliminated.  If your weight stays on track and you feel good, keep eating it in moderation.  If your weight stalls, you start getting bloated, etc, keep that food out of your diet.

Ashleeduhh
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Use my fitness pal.
And up your water a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

You might be eating more than you think.  I thought I was doing everything right, going to the gym, not eating a lot of junk food, but when I started tracking my food (I used SparkPeople, but MyFitnessPal will do the same thing, and it's easier to use), boy was I surprised.  I was taking in a good 3000-4000 calories a day.  Some of the foods I thought were healthy were surprisingly high in calories.  My portions were out of control.

Logging my food gave me a necessary reality check.

I also subscribed to Clean Eating magazine (cleaneatingmag.com).  I get a TON of recipe ideas, and eating the right kinds of foods keep you full with less food.

Drinking plenty of water will also help.  We often mistake thirst for hunger.  So if you're hungry, try drinking a glass of water and let that settle for 10 or so minutes.

You don't have to eliminate major food groups to lose weight.  I've lost 113 lbs by eating clean and excercising.  However, with the bloating, the first thing that comes to mind is dairy.  I get gassy and gross if I drink milk or have ice cream, but yogurt and cheese are okay.  Start eliminating one food at a time, and keeping a food log with how your body is reacting and feeling after eating.  Try dairy first, then you can bring it back in if that doesn't change things after a few days, and then try gluten, and just keep trying different things.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ma1234
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM
No im not tracking. That will be a challenge for me, but ill try.alsp i dont drink a lot of water but some days i do. I grew up wit bad eating habits. 5 years ago i lost 47 lbs not even trying hard

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Are you tracking your food?  Drinking half your body weight in ounces of water each day?  Try eating clean food...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and stay away from the processed food.  Hugs mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma1234
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Great advice! Thanks

Quoting musicpisces:

You might be eating more than you think.  I thought I was doing everything right, going to the gym, not eating a lot of junk food, but when I started tracking my food (I used SparkPeople, but MyFitnessPal will do the same thing, and it's easier to use), boy was I surprised.  I was taking in a good 3000-4000 calories a day.  Some of the foods I thought were healthy were surprisingly high in calories.  My portions were out of control.

Logging my food gave me a necessary reality check.

I also subscribed to Clean Eating magazine (cleaneatingmag.com).  I get a TON of recipe ideas, and eating the right kinds of foods keep you full with less food.

Drinking plenty of water will also help.  We often mistake thirst for hunger.  So if you're hungry, try drinking a glass of water and let that settle for 10 or so minutes.

You don't have to eliminate major food groups to lose weight.  I've lost 113 lbs by eating clean and excercising.  However, with the bloating, the first thing that comes to mind is dairy.  I get gassy and gross if I drink milk or have ice cream, but yogurt and cheese are okay.  Start eliminating one food at a time, and keeping a food log with how your body is reacting and feeling after eating.  Try dairy first, then you can bring it back in if that doesn't change things after a few days, and then try gluten, and just keep trying different things.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN