Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What is your favorite healthy, or healthier fast food?

Posted by   + Show Post

I admit I am a little lazy when it comes to cooking, I like convenience food. So what are some good options when eating out or even at home, what are your favorite quick meals that are easily thrown together? I am a little tired of Subway and Panera. 

Snacks are easy but meals I struggle with, I would love some family/kid friendly ideas as well :) 

Thanks

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Dimples303
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Soup or salad is good if you have one near you. Salads without the dressing, bacon or meat (unless grilled, not crispy or breaded). Grilled chicken sandwiches without the condiments and I take the top peice of bread off... Applebee's has an under 550 calorie option as well as a weight watcher menu.... Baked potato with chili... You can find the nutritional info for pretty much any restaurant or fast food place online! :)
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Subway
McDonald's southwest grilled chicken salad, no dressing
Wendy's Baja salad, no dressing.

:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeybelle83
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

subway

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I do a lot of carrots and hummus, or Kashi crackers with sliced meat and cheese (even as a meal). I do a lot of chili in the crock pot, chicken enchiladas (google unbelievably delicious low fat chicken enchiladas), turkey burgers (I only eat half a bun most often, and always whole or sprouted wheat), tacos (often I just make mine a salad, and I might crumble a taco shell over it for crunch if we have hard ones), meatloaf, and a few others. I get a TON of great ideas from Clean Eating magazine (cleaneatingmag.com). I often eat leftovers for lunch.
If you meant like restaurants, I very rarely eat out. I occasionally do a protein plate, turkey bacon sandwich or one of the other heated sandwiches from Starbucks. Chipotle is alright, but beware of the tortilla, at almost 300 calories all by itself! Soups are often good for calories, but very high in sodium.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Jamba juice under 250 juices with pizza or sandwich yummy my favorite, or for breakfast chucky strawberry, or 250 juice and oatmeal., taco bell cantata salad, Wendy chili and bake potato,
Most restaurants have a 550 or less menu
XMaybebabyX
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have any other suggestions, but I will say this. I used to think that Panera was a healthier option, until I looked at their nutrition info. Panera really isn't that great either. :( I wish there was something out there that was healthy and convienent. :/

elephantmamaof2
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Sushi!

GigantaursMommy
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

At mcdonalds you can try getting the plain grilled chicken sandwich with no mayonnaise no fries and a bottle of water That's what I grab in a pinch. Tacobell has their fresco menu the fresco chicken soft taco's aren't bad but they aren't my favorite. Wendy's has wonderful salads and if you get a half salad instead of a whole salad you won't be eating too much extra sugars and you can still have the salad dressing! You can go online and check out the nutrition facts for all of your favorite restaurants but even the healthier options at these restaurants should only be the occasional treat.

nicole2884
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

anything involving a crockpot

jimmy jons

jersy mikes

showmars has healthy options too

spaghetti

lasagna 

fish with a veggie an rice 

burgers an tots

jhslove
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do, I usually go for a veggie burger from Burger King; a salad and chili from Wendy's; or a grilled-chicken salad from McDonald's. For breakfast, I like the oatmeal or Egg McMuffin from McDonald's as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)