Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 13 TV Viewing

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM
  • 114 Replies

Welcome to Day 13 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

How much T.V. time do YOU have each day?

What are your favorite shows to watch?

Have you ever had a screen free day?

Will you commit to a screen free or reduced screen time day today?

It's the weekend! Let's cut down on TV time today and do something fun with kids or as a family.

Here are a few suggestions for calorie burning fun:

• Taking the dog for a walk
  • Hopscotch
  • Hide and Seek
  • Site Seeing/Nature Walk
  • Kickball
  • Swinging
  • Neighborhood Races
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Climb a Tree
  • Fly a Kite

Whatever activity you choose today, remember to keep your heart rate up and have FUN!

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM
About an hour before bedtime. I like to watch Criminal Minds, CSI, Law & Order shows like that.
I never really paid attention to having a tv free day because our family is always on the go we don't spend much time at home, but I would be willing to give it a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:00 AM
We don't watch much TV on the weekends. Especially during the day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4two
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I like tv but I don't watch very much of it... I usally watch TLC,Discovery Health or Soap Net when I do ... and yes I've gone weeks before without watching tv...

Silvertears1275
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

How much T.V. time do YOU have each day?  Usually.... none

What are your favorite shows to watch? Since Big Brother ended this season, I haven't watched anything.

Have you ever had a screen free day?  Yup

Will you commit to a screen free or reduced screen time day today?   Sure... probably wouldn't be watching it anway =)

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I don't watch any tv on the weekends - I work nights and usually only catch brief minutes in my patients' rooms. During the week I usually just watch the news at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eventtalk
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM
I really don't watch tv. The only shows I like to follow are Castle and True Blood, but am watching Eureka on Netflix. Yes, I can commit to a no tv day.

Helping moms help their families.

www.BusyMommas.com

fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Wayyyyy too much

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I barely watch any tv at all. A little bit in the morning while dd watches her cartoons, and one or two shows during the week on demand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

How much T.V. time do YOU have each day? Not sure.. I keep it on as background noise while I'm cleaning and such..

What are your favorite shows to watch? The Mentalist, The Voice, The Biggest Loser, Person of Interest...I'm trying out Last Resort and Arrow as well this season. Mostly, I end up listening to kids' shows when they are home..and of course- FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever had a screen free day? When I'm really busy yes.

Will you commit to a screen free or reduced screen time day today? Not likely...it's the weekend, which means football. I'm a fanatic.. I do have some errands and things to do today so I know I'll be screen free for quite a while though. Karate for Lilly, errands, maybe the park, I might take Lilly for a run later when Dh comes home... not sure though.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

frankiesma530
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I know I watch entirely too much tv but it helps kill time. I would love to do some family activities instead but dd isn`t here this weekend and hubby is working. :(
I`ll have to think of something else to do, it`s too cold to take the baby out but I`ll try to keep tv to a minimum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)