Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 9 White Foods

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 144 Replies

Welcome to day 9 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What are your favorite 'white' foods?

Have you replaced 'white' foods with healthier versions? If so, what are they?

Do you think you can go a day without bad 'white' foods? Are you willing to try?

Bad white foods or bad carbs refer to food that is white in color which have been processed and refined.

Bad white foods are:

• rice
  • pasta
  • bread
  • flour/baked goods
  • sugar
  • cereal
  • high-fructose corn syrup
  • crackers

There are many alternatives to white foods on the market. In addition to these alternatives, there are also healthy white foods.

Good white foods are:

• cauliflower
  • turnips
  • white beans
  • onions
  • potatoes

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensmomma508
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

i guess breads

ack86
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
To be honest, I had never heard about this. Now that I know, I'll have to change a few things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

What are your favorite 'white' foods? Cauliflower!! I LOVE IT! I don't eat many "white foods" in the first list..If I am eating a grain or starch it is whole wheat.

Have you replaced 'white' foods with healthier versions? If so, what are they?See above

Do you think you can go a day without bad 'white' foods? Are you willing to try? It wouldn't change my diet much as I don't eat much of it anyway...I will keep track today and see what I eat that is white..so far, nothing has been white. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I love pasta. I tried to make the switch from regular to wholegrain but my family would'nt go for it. I buy wholegrain breads now. Eat brown rice instead of white. 

I don't think I could. I mean its possible but I don't think its necessary. You just have to know bad from good or eat in moderation.

Janet
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Pasta. I replaced it with wheat pasta.

fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG this is ME - I am a carb fanatic!  Bread, potato, pasta, sugar...if I could break this I could do so much better but I get mean as all get out when I go low carb, does anyone else?

AmberMerrell
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Pasta & breads. We have started replacing white bread with whole grain & buy whole grain rice. Next step will be whole grain pasta.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg2011425
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I replaced rice with brown rice, bread is whole wheat, pasta is whole wheat and made of veggies, we don't bake often and I dont eat cereal- I usually eat oatmeal with fresh fruit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiLeenaLee
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I love all white foods, however I have switched to whole grain bread and pasta. And last night for dinner we had white bean chicken chili, so good and so healthy for you! I have a serious problem with cookies and ice cream though. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Pasta and rice!! I try buy whole grain more often as well as brown rice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)