October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 20 Relaxation Techniques
Welcome to Day 20 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!
What are some of your favorite relaxing techniques?
How often do you take time relaxing/leisurely time for yourself?
What do you like to do to relax?
A healthy mind as just as important as a healthy body. Relaxation is a process that decreases the effects of stress on your mind and body. Relaxation techniques are a great way to help with stress management.
The Benefits of relaxation techniques are:
- Slowing your heart rate
- Lowering blood pressure
- Slowing your breathing rate
- Increasing blood flow to major muscles
- Reducing muscle tension
- Improving concentration
- Reducing frustration/anger
- Boosting confidence
Common relaxation techniques are:
- Progressive muscle relaxation (focus on slowly tensing and then relaxing each muscle group)
- Tai chi
- Autogenic relaxation (relaxation that comes from within using visual imagery and body awareness)