Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 21 Junk Food

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM
  • 81 Replies

Welcome to Day 21 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What is your favorite junk food?

How often do you indulge in it?

Have you found any healthy substitutes for junk food that you enjoy?

Do you think you could give up your favorite junk food for the final 10 days of this challenge?

If so, what will you be giving up?

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:13 AM
My fav is macaroni and cheese, ive been trying to not buy it at all so im not tempted to have it. I have given in to my cravings once every two weeks or so but instead of eating half the box alone, i made chicken and veggies amd ate those first and had the mac as a side, helped me fulfill my craving but stayed on track :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:18 AM

My junk food is my craving for twix... I know I couldn't give it up either, lol. I'm breastfeeding, and it is the one thing that I end up really wanting, badly.

We also eat thing like the pp poster mentioned, mac n cheese, but when ou have a super limited budget, sometimes it's that $.70 box of kraft that feeds you and your children at night. 

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Rosemary and olive oil triscuits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4two
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I love ice cream... I hardly ever eat it now though, if I want it I buy it if we go out to eat or stop for a small treat bc if I have a carton in the house it's GONE!!!! lol... I had a small bowl of frozen fresh served soft serve for the first time in weeks on Friday and it was yummy...

JoyJoy
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM
chocolate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shawna510
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I'm a chocoholic. But truth be told I like just about anything that's sweet and salty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TxMom2324
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Just wondering, in bfing too, how many calories do you eat a day? My ds is 14 months and still nurses regularly.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

My junk food is my craving for twix... I know I couldn't give it up either, lol. I'm breastfeeding, and it is the one thing that I end up really wanting, badly.

We also eat thing like the pp poster mentioned, mac n cheese, but when ou have a super limited budget, sometimes it's that $.70 box of kraft that feeds you and your children at night. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I have no idea, lol. I think it really depends day to day... Some days, I might end up with 2500-3000, and other days, I might end up eating just 1500... I don't count, so i'm not really sure. If I'm hungry, I eat. If i'm not, I don't. So, many mornings, I don't eat breakfast until 10-11am, lol. Or, I might not get lunch.

Quoting TxMom2324:

Just wondering, in bfing too, how many calories do you eat a day? My ds is 14 months and still nurses regularly.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM

What is your favorite junk food? Nachos

How often do you indulge in it? Once per week or every 2 weeks

Have you found any healthy substitutes for junk food that you enjoy? Negative..there is no sub for ooey gooey cheese covering chips. LOL 

Do you think you could give up your favorite junk food for the final 10 days of this challenge? Yes

If so, what will you be giving up? Nachos

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

jengo413
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:34 AM

anything chocolate...a few times a wk...i could probably give up chocolate for the last 10 days. SO just stocked up on chocolate snacks i dont usually buy sweets for the house but every once in a while SO goes and stocks up on a few. so it'll be tough but i'll just stay out of the pantry...out of sight..out of mind lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)