Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 21 Junk Food

Welcome to Day 21 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What is your favorite junk food?

How often do you indulge in it?

Have you found any healthy substitutes for junk food that you enjoy?

Do you think you could give up your favorite junk food for the final 10 days of this challenge?

If so, what will you be giving up?

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
5forjulie
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM

chocolate is my fave junk food. 

not a lot. I have been getting better at not wanting it 

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Cheese & crackers also any chips & dips.

I haven't found a healthy substitue for it.lol

I think that's a great idea to give it up for the final 10 days. I'm going cold turkey starting today!!! Haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Chocolate is my favorite. I just try to keep it out of the house to avoid temptation.
angelbabies14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM
The only junk food I could eat with all our allergies is/was sour patch kids and swedish fish. I have given them up already this month! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAHMto_2
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Ice cream or wine are my weaknesses so I just don't buy either of them unless it's a special occasion. I try not to substitute junk with healthy foods, it's possible to not lose weight even if all your foods are good.
I can give up wine and ice cream for the last 10 days but it will be difficult to give up all junk. I've got 2 birthdays in this house during those 10 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Chocolate, anything chocolate!! Right now its been issues with Cadbury Scream Eggs. Yes I can give them up and will.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Soda and ice cream would be my junk food desires. I haven't given up the soda completely,but I have cut way back . Ice cream, I still crave it a lot, but I don't buy it anymore, at least not often. Ice cream I do think I could give up for the final days. Soda, I will try. That one will be much more difficult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I don't have a favorite, per se....I just love sweets. I really have cut back since I've started this journey earlie this month, and the sweets I have brought for myself have been skinnier versions....except Publix brand yogurts, I REFUSE to by the low-fat version of those, because the best flavor, Dutch Apple Pie, doesn't come in low-fat.

I've discovered that Skinny Cow ice cream pies are pretty darn good too.

Oh, and wine...I LOVE LOVE LOVE wine. But I haven't had any at all in the last month, which is a pretty big deal for me.

susie3g
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM

What is your favorite junk food? chips and coke

How often do you indulge in it?maybe once or twice a week with the chips, coke is everyday. :/

Have you found any healthy substitutes for junk food that you enjoy? popcorn

Do you think you could give up your favorite junk food for the final 10 days of this challenge? maybe

If so, what will you be giving up? chips

Augmama2be
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Probably cookies but I don't indulge often. However I just baked some last night. O.o
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)