Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 21 Junk Food

Welcome to Day 21 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

What is your favorite junk food?

How often do you indulge in it?

Have you found any healthy substitutes for junk food that you enjoy?

Do you think you could give up your favorite junk food for the final 10 days of this challenge?

If so, what will you be giving up?

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I am addicted to sweets! Cookies, cakes, etc. Since I work overnight at my job that's what I usually get. I'm trying to cut back though. I think I could give the Oreos up for the last 10 days or rather just sweets in general. I also love Orange soda. I am trying to cut back on that as well. So maybe I will eliminate all soda and cookies for the 10 days?

dmwood
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Baked goods.... I love to bake. Yes, I can stop for the next 10 days.

peggysergi70
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

favorite junk food: CHOCOLATE

dont eat it often anymore

chocolate rice cakes

yep sure can give it up as i eat the rice cakes instead

chocolate 

Baby3dueinmay
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Well right now it's almond bars. I know there supposed to be good for you and give u grains and protein and such but that's in quantity. I have at least one A day. More than I should. I'm nursing also and I can't take a lot away from food except just eating healthier. You know I eat more of almond bars than chocolate. Apparently if ur craving Chocolate u can eat almonds to get rid of the cravings and that's good but I still eat too many.
I can easily give them up for the last ten days because I've only got like two bars left Andi don't buy them till the first of the month. So I can do that.
I'll be giving up sweet and saltyish nature valley almond bars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Ice cream and I eat a container a day, no joke. I gave it up yesterday minus the weight watchers bars I found last night.

And candy, which u also gave up last night. :/

Im addicted to sugar so this is going to be really hard!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM

brownies

once a month or so

nothing compares to a brownie lol

yes I'm out of brownies and brownie mix and with a 5yr old, a 3yr old,a 2yr old, and a one month old I don't have time to make them from scratch---so sure I can manage to give them up for the next 10 days

how many times do I need to tell you---BROWNIES!!!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM

What is your favorite junk food?   There are many. . .I love M&Ms.

How often do you indulge in it?  I'll have a few every other day or so.  I've been trying to keep from having some each day.

Have you found any healthy substitutes for junk food that you enjoy?  Nope.

Do you think you could give up your favorite junk food for the final 10 days of this challenge?  Yes.

If so, what will you be giving up?  I can give them up-I don't have any left!  Though I think you can eat healthy and still have something indulgent without ruining your hard work.

ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Fav junk food. Almost any gummy candy and especially red vines!

I dont indulge very often.

I coukd give it up. I woukd give up candy period.
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Dark chocolate. This time of the year I want anything pumpkin flavored. I made hungry girl pumpkin muffins that was a good substitution. I could try to give it up. It's hard with pumpkin stuff everywhere and all the Halloween candy in stores.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I'm a sucker for pastries, pies, cakes, brownies...that kind of stuff. I've cut back a lot. But my friend has introduced me to some raw dessert recipes, so yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)