Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

30 Day Shred anyone?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 18 Replies
Any one try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? Like it? Love it? Hate it? Did you lose any weight in the 30 days?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
antlersandgills
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I did the the 30 day shred when I was in tip top shape before pregnancy.  I didn't lose weight, but I lost inches.  My muscles became more long and lean.  My clothes were signficantly looser.  The only program that offered a challenge for me was the advanced.  I hopped back into the intermediate level once I got medical clearance after pregnancy.  So if you are in good shape now, I would recommend starting with the intermediate and going from there.

I do have to admit, I am a big fan of Jillian.  I do think her 3-2-1 program is the best way to workout.

bigred1058
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Just started it tonight. I'm hoping to get good results so if you would like a workout buddy let me know:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamabear010
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I bought it a year ago but only did it for a week. It really kicked my butt! But I wasn't motivated at the time to lose weight so i quit too early. I plan to start it up again on Thursday. For the little that I did and how sore I was, i definitely could tell it was working out and toning my body.

DuncansMommy
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I'm on day 27. I love it, I've lost 5lbs so far and plenty of inches. But more then anything, I am seeing a huge difference and feeling it too.

monkeybelle83
Almost 16 months old now, where has the time gone?
Yesterday at 2:46 PM
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I only lasted a few days before I quit from pain. I'll give it another go once we get moved into our own place and things settle down. Too much stress and other stuff to do (like pack my apartment) while hubby is staying with friends to work.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:17 AM
I have done it. And I highly recomend it ! She is amazing! I lost 6 pounds after being platued and so many inches. If I wasn't living in an apartment building I would do it again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I did it a long time ago...didn't do it for the entire 30 days, but I did enjoy it!  Good luck!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM
LOVED it!!!! Love that it was only 30 minutes, it was just the right intensity...can't say enough about it. I lost 25 lbs while doing it. I did each level for two weeks, so it was more than 30 days. But it was awesome :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM

i did it, it was a pretty good program for beginners but i got bored near the end and switched to ripped in 30.  i didn't see significant weight loss (maybe a little) but i mostly  used these 2 programs to condition myself for insanity.

soljan
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I bought it a couple off months ago but I haven't tried it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)