Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hi My Names *RHONDA*

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hi let me start by saying My name is Rhonda.Smith, I'm a 25 year Old single mom To a 7 week Old baby. I Hope to learn new tips and Get help with loseing weight.. I have always been a bigger girl. But when I got Pregnant with my DD i Gined over 60 Lbs i started out at 3 months pregnant and weighed 153 lbs when i went in to have her I was 221 Lbs. I have lost 40 lbs so far but need to lose so much more.. being a single mom it is hard to fit excersise and diet in.. but i am trying to get started.. 
  A Little more about me, I love meeting new people and love cafe mom.. I love watching movies taking walks and spending as much time as possible with my family,, I hope to get to know you all! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelindaDuvessa
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the wittle one!

Start small.  Change little habits at a time.  I'm currently pregnant with #4, and am counting calories.  Not so much to diet, but to track what I am eating an identify my craving days.  Are you breast feeding?  If so, that will actually help in your weight loss.  If not, that's ok too.  Anyways, welcome!

shortiesmom24
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Thank you so much! Yeah i hve started to eat more vegetables and fruit... My biggest problem is excersise by time she lays own i'm so tired i need a nap my self lol...  I am not breast feeding no but i do pump lol to lose the calories...

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Congrats on the wittle one!

Start small.  Change little habits at a time.  I'm currently pregnant with #4, and am counting calories.  Not so much to diet, but to track what I am eating an identify my craving days.  Are you breast feeding?  If so, that will actually help in your weight loss.  If not, that's ok too.  Anyways, welcome!

CafeMom Tickers
BelindaDuvessa
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Do you have a stroller? Any paved trails in town?  Take her out for a walk with you.  It doesn't have to be for long, but you'll both enjoy it.  Or better yet, get a sling and carry her the entire time.  At 7 weeks old, you don't have to do alot.  Anything is better than nothing.

shortiesmom24
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I do have a stroller but Don't live in town i live right by a high way so def can't walk on it lol... But i do take her walking around my parents pond with me everyday bad thing she has been kinda sick and it's getting cooler out:(  But i am slowly figuring thing out to do hopefully soon i can do alot more with her...

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Do you have a stroller? Any paved trails in town?  Take her out for a walk with you.  It doesn't have to be for long, but you'll both enjoy it.  Or better yet, get a sling and carry her the entire time.  At 7 weeks old, you don't have to do alot.  Anything is better than nothing.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Rhonda!!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group! Do you have a snuggly? I use to babywear my dd everywhere. That helped a lot. Like you I couldn't get out for walks so I marched in place. I started off 10 mins a day and upped it slowly. Gl and congrats on your new bundle :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  Congrats on your new addition!

MamaKarrot
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! :)  This is a great place to start. This group has really helped keep me accountable and on track.

LindaClement
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Rhonda! 

Welcome! You've got a lot of post-pregnacy recovery to come... you need lots of rest in amongst your walking...

reneawesley
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN