Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

time for exercise?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM
  • 27 Replies
I just recently had a baby in July and it seems like she's in my arms 24/7, though I know I'm exaggerating a little there..lol. But seriously, I really need to start losing weight and getting moving would probably help more than anything. How do I find time to exercise with a needy two month old? Any ideas, ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbabies14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Put her in the stroller and get walking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Good suggestion. I know that anything is better than nothing, but what distance do you think I should start with or should I go for a certain length of time? My partner and I walk around the mall every Sunday, but I'm definitely not feeling the burn when we do. Its more of a casual pace.

Quoting angelbabies14:

Put her in the stroller and get walking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I power walk! I would start off with anything you feel comfortable with. I started with only a mile back in June now I'm up to 6 miles. I've done 9 but that was too much too soon! I was sore for 4 days. I walk fast. Get your heart pumping. You should walk fast enough that you can't have a conversation if you had to! Walking has been great for me! I've lost weight in the past with walking alone. This time I'm walking and strength training. Go at your pace and add on a mile each week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
That's some awesome advice above me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Thanks! I appreciate your input. I'm in the mall parking lot now waiting for my girl to get finished nursing. It's a mall with not much foot traffic because most of the stores are closed. I'm gonna try a mile.

Quoting angelbabies14:

I power walk! I would start off with anything you feel comfortable with. I started with only a mile back in June now I'm up to 6 miles. I've done 9 but that was too much too soon! I was sore for 4 days. I walk fast. Get your heart pumping. You should walk fast enough that you can't have a conversation if you had to! Walking has been great for me! I've lost weight in the past with walking alone. This time I'm walking and strength training. Go at your pace and add on a mile each week!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I also put dad on baby duty to get my stuff done. Exercise is my me-time, so no interruptions are allowed.

divaroo
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Does she like the outdoors? My little girl was needy as well. I learned that she loved being outside. So I would put he in her stroller and walk. I would also sing and talk to her so she din't feel like she was left alone as we walked. It also helped with her becoming a little more self reliant. Good luck! Congrats on the little one!

divaroo
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Quoting divaroo:

Does she like the outdoors? My little girl was needy as well. I learned that she loved being outside. So I would put he in her stroller and walk. I would also sing and talk to her so she din't feel like she was left alone as we walked. It also helped with her becoming a little more self reliant. Good luck! Congrats on the little one!

There are also power walk videos you can do at home. The weather don't always allow for leaving the house.. I would do this while she slept. Mine is a three mile. I would try to get in all threee miles, but did not always happen in one setting! 

susie3g
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Just about the only time dad gets baby duty is on the weekends when I'm doing laundry or anytime when I'm cooking or eating in the evenings. Lol

Quoting asaffell:

I also put dad on baby duty to get my stuff done. Exercise is my me-time, so no interruptions are allowed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Well, I just finished my 1.07 miles in the mall and my widget says I used up 87 calories! That is discouraging. That only takes care of what? A tablespoon of butter? Ugh!

Quoting angelbabies14:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN