Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello!

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Andi, and I need someone to hold me accountable for my new weightloss goal.  I currently weigh 132 and would like to weigh 115 by Christmas. 

My plan is as follows:

• In addition to the running I currently do (3-5 miles, 4-5 days per week) I am going to add in strength training exercises 6 days per week that I can do after my son goes to sleep at home.
  • Snacks througout the day and a dinner consisting of protein and veggies since I hardly eat any protein or veggies currently.
  • No eating after 7 pm, and focus on eating only when I'm hungry
  • Lots of water!
  • Replace my current soda and energy intake with green tea, so I won't get caffeine withdrawls too bad but won't have the calories and sugar in soda

What do you think?  Any other tips to try?  I tried counting calories but it didn't work too well for me because I got discouraged easily.  I am hoping this will work better.  Thanks for listening :) Looking forard to getting to know all of you.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Welcome, Andi! It sounds like you have a pretty good plan! The only "tweaks" I would suggest are to make sure that you don't strength train the same muscle groups on back to back days (so if you work your biceps on Monday, wait a day, then work them again on Wednesday, for example), so plan out your strength workouts accordingly. Also be sure to watch your portions- you can check out choosemyplate.gov for some great info about that! Make sure you are eating enough to fuel those workouts as well- too little food is just as bad as too much!! I think you're on the right track!! Good luck reaching your goals!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Hi Andi!! Good luck hon...you came to the right group for support :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:43 AM
This is great advice! And your plan sounds great! You can do it :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome, Andi! It sounds like you have a pretty good plan! The only "tweaks" I would suggest are to make sure that you don't strength train the same muscle groups on back to back days (so if you work your biceps on Monday, wait a day, then work them again on Wednesday, for example), so plan out your strength workouts accordingly. Also be sure to watch your portions- you can check out choosemyplate.gov for some great info about that! Make sure you are eating enough to fuel those workouts as well- too little food is just as bad as too much!! I think you're on the right track!! Good luck reaching your goals!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

17 lbs in 10.5 weeks could be difficult as you are a healthy weight already. Once you are a healthy weight, it is difficult to lose weight rapidly. It's possible to lose 1.6 lbs per week, but it is not likely it will happen consistently as you don't weigh a lot to begin with. 

Do not strength train 6 days per week. It is asking for injury. It is best that you don't work the same muscle groups everyday- remember running as a full body workout as it is, so adding strength training everyday is not going to give your body the time it needs to build lean muscle mass. Everytime we work a muscle, it gets tiny tears in it, with a day of rest, those tears repair and muscle starts to build...if our bodies don't get that rest, muscle does not build, it continues to get tiny tears which eventually will lead to injury. 

Counting calories is definitely not for everyone. I think the rest of your plan is wise...just don't get discouraged if you don't ditch the whole 17 lbs in that time frame since you are already a healthy weight ( assuming you are 5'-5'2"..

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)