Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Meal Planning...

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just wanted to ask yall how this looked.This is my meal plan for the week. Maybe I should avoid/ add something...

Breakfast:

Quakers raisin, date, and nut oatmeal or Special K cinnamon and pecan cereal.

1/2 orange

1 cup of red grapes

1 cup of green tea

Lunch:

2 egg white 1 whole egg omlette w/ small amount of shredded cheddar cheese.

baby carrots

1 cup of grapes

Green tea

Dinner:

Big salad, just lettuce and baked chicken cut up. May add carrots or fruit. I cant seem to find any salad dressing I like. My fave is the hidden valley ranch mix. I use just one serving which is 2 tbsp.

Also, if I have a bad sweet tooth I like the jello pudding dirt cups they are 130 cal each.

Some days I might have whatever I make for dh and dd. Just watch the portion size.

Snacks:

Apple with PB

Laughing cow cheese wedge with reduced fat wheat thins

Fruit: Apples, grapes, bananas, and oranges

Almonds

Veggies: Baby carrots, cucumbers

Yogurt

Ok...how does this sound?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aprilsalcro
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Personally I'd cut out the cereal, Load the omelet with veggies , cut out the green tea and cut out the hidden valley ranch.

However it is good imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting Losing:

I just wanted to ask yall how this looked.This is my meal plan for the week. Maybe I should avoid/ add something...

Breakfast:

Quakers raisin, date, and nut oatmeal or Special K cinnamon and pecan cereal. I would cut out the cereal and have some eggs/sausage/bacon/peanut butter, ie something with protein in it to fill you up...otherwise you will be hungry in 2 hours or less after eating breakfast...I would also pick one fruit and not eat 2...just my take:)

1/2 orange

1 cup of red grapes

1 cup of green tea

Lunch:

2 egg white 1 whole egg omlette w/ small amount of shredded cheddar cheese. Add some veggies to your omlette mama!

baby carrots

1 cup of grapes

Green tea

Dinner:

Big salad, just lettuce and baked chicken cut up. May add carrots or fruit. I cant seem to find any salad dressing I like. My fave is the hidden valley ranch mix. I use just one serving which is 2 tbsp.

Also, if I have a bad sweet tooth I like the jello pudding dirt cups they are 130 cal each.

Some days I might have whatever I make for dh and dd. Just watch the portion size.

Snacks:

Apple with PB

Laughing cow cheese wedge with reduced fat wheat thins

Fruit: Apples, grapes, bananas, and oranges

Almonds

Veggies: Baby carrots, cucumbers

Yogurt

Ok...how does this sound?

It really sounds fairly good overall mama...just cut back on the processed food and add more protein/fiber.  Good luck!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM
You may want to have a half cup of grapes instead of a full cup. But looks good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Losing
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Thanks ladies! I put it all in mfp and tweaked it a lil bit. Im going to have to quit my oatmeal! :( Too much sugar.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Yea I would just put it in mfp, see how your calories and protein look, which it sounds like you are doing. Here's examples of my days:

Breakfast:

1 or 2 homemade Egg mcmuffins (egg and cheese on whole wheat english muffin) and some fruit, either banana or grapes and I love to eat an entire cup (or 2) of grapes. lol OR

Kashi cinnamon harvest cereal with banana OR

Homemade granola with nuts

Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana

Yea I'm pretty bad about never eating veggies with breakfast ;)  lol

Lunch I like to prepare something over the weekend that I can take to work all week.  This week I made chicken meatballs to last all week and I eat peas and carrots with those and tomato sauce.  Sometimes I make a lasagna to eat all week.  Sometimes I cook some chicken with Mrs. Dash and make little wraps or burritos with it all week with plenty of onions and peppers and sometimes corn.

Dinner- we usually have eggs and guacamole once per week, subway once per week, homemade pizza loaded with veggies once per week, homemade chicken nuggets with roasted veggies once per week, then some other random stuff like spaghetti, pork chops with veggies, meat loaf with vegges etc.  I do a lot of googling for dinner and lunch ideas.

I usually have fruit for snacks, I have protein bars on lifting days, I like to have eggs for snack, and I usually do eat one "junky" snack of crackers or something like that once per day.

I'm a big believer in calories in calories out but I try to eat as healthy as I can without feeling totally deprived. 

eema.gray
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Like everyone else has said, too many carbs, not enough protein.

Here's my menu plan for today (this applies to all of the eaters in my family including a 2 and 4 year old)

Breakfast:  Kholarabi hashbrown, meat sauce (includes carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, and eggplant), quarter of an apple

Lunch:  Chicken soup (no noodles, contains beans, potatoes, onion, tomato), lettuce salad

Dinner:  Chili (onions, garlic, tomatoes, beef, no beans), lettuce salad

Tonight is date night; I might make popcorn while watching DTWS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN