Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

is a one day "binge" ok?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM
  • 28 Replies

I have done really good about controlling my eating and have lost 40 lbs since May but I'm under alot of stress and just want to buy ice, chips and dip and veg out in front of the TV. if I do this one time it won't ruin things will it? I just feel like having a "binge night" will cause me to gain back all that weight.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I say do whatever you need for your sanity. If you are on edge and this binge will help you get past it then go for it. I would try to keep it to a meal as opposed to a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wheresthewayout
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting crwspringer:

I say do whatever you need for your sanity. If you are on edge and this binge will help you get past it then go for it. I would try to keep it to a meal as opposed to a day.

I do need it for sanity's sake, lol and it is past 7 pm here so it would only be for a few hours, lol

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have days that I go over my calorie goal and I am guilt free. The word binge makes it sound like this is more than that. Will binging really make you feel better? Or worse? Having chips and dip occasionally is 100% fine IMO, and you certainly wont gain 40 #s, but trying to reduce stress with food really doesn't work. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wheresthewayout
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Quoting Stefanie83:

I have days that I go over my calorie goal and I am guilt free. The word binge makes it sound like this is more than that. Will binging really make you feel better? Or worse? Having chips and dip occasionally is 100% fine IMO, and you certainly wont gain 40 #s, but trying to reduce stress with food really doesn't work. :)

I know eating isn't the way but it beats drinking, I'm out of town, in a different area, won't see dh for 3 weeks. I just haven't had a good binge since the spring. If i were at home and under stress I would read " to get away" ( know what I mean?) However I don't have my books here. I just have this image of me gaining back a ton of weight for one night of pleasure eating.

brandie1470
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

it wont make you gain 40 over night but it will make you think it can happen more often and if you do it more often you will be gain back your weight in no time

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Learning to cope without food will be a big accomplishment. I'm guessing binge eating like that is what got u where u were so doing it now certainly won't help. Will it make u gain 40 lbs with one binge? No. But it could lead to more binges. If u can resist it that would be a huge victory for u and u would feel so much better about that than eating a bunch of junk would make u feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Set a timer for 20 minutes, if you still feel the "need" then have something you wouldn't normally have.  I find that now if I have a bad day of overeating, my body doesn't like it anymore.  This is after only three weeks!

aprilsalcro
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM
It can mess up a hole week progress :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this
It won't make you gain it all back but you'll feel like crap after. I say a few chips and dips are fine but don't eat the whole bag. Find a different way to relieve the stress. Go for a walk, scream, go buy a book if that's what you do at home.
mom2boyz8811
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
For me the food itself wouldnt ruin anything but stress eating is a slippery slope. Can you treat yourself but stay in control?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)