Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So far i have lost 10lbs in 2months.
I weigh 170
question are you suppose to eat every 2-3 hrs to lose weight or just count calories?!

Of course i still work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-11):
Refurbished
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The best way to feel full is to keep the carbs low.  When you eat a lot of carbs, it raises your blood sugar.  When the blood sugar level starts to come down, that triggers your body to feel hungry. This is why low carb diets work.  When you eat low carbs, you just aren't as hungry and end up eating less food. 

The diet plan that is working for me right now is to have a small eggwhite omlet for breakfast and then a Progresso Light can of soup for lunch and dinner with a side salad that is sprinkled with Salad Supreme or zero-calorie dressing.  Sometimes I will have grilled chicken breast with a side of green veggies.  For a snack, in the afternoon, I'm eating a stick of Weight Watchers low fat cheese or sugar-free jello.  The pounds are melting off with this plan and I'm not hungry at all.  In fact, I'm struggling to keep my calories above 500 a day because I'm just not hungry.

Quoting MrsMetalMama:

You eat when you're hungry or should we eat to keep full?!
this is so confusing
i have my fitness pal app so i can count calories. but i don't work out til night when the kids are asleep

Quoting mcginnisc:

I count calories. I don't snack very often honestly. If I have a really intense workout, I will grab a snack, but otherwise, I just eat when I need to do so..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)