Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

i need a lil help plz

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 18 Replies

i am wanting,/needing to loss weight and i want to do it the healthy way before i got pregnant with my son i throw up 90lbs and i dont' want to go down that road again! my dr wants me on a fresh fruits and veggie and lean meats dite only bc my body is haven't a big prob with all the stuff that is added in boxed stuff now a days! i am in dire need of someone who will hold me accountable on eatting healthy and walking at last 1 time a day! i know thats alot of ask but i need help i have knowone to help me! i know you should want to loss weight for youself! and i do but i would love someone to kinda check on me every once in a while just to see how i am doing!

thanks

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM

You need to hold yourself accountable.

The easiest way to do that is by being genuinely kind to yourself. You need to try new things, push your comfort zone and trust yourself --not when the nasty voice in your head is saying negative stuff, but what you like, what you're drawn to and are shy about going for... 

You might surprise yourself.

One woman I know ended up doing hardcore ironman training...

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

i like walking! i get upset with myself if i eat bad and then i would throw up bc i ate bad! and i've been working on the throwing up for just about 1 year and i'm doing good with it but it's coming back a lil bit! my down fall is sweets or any food that i know i shouldn't have! should i just get rid of all that kind of food! it's hard bc i'm also breastfeeding my son so i can't drop to many cals!

Quoting LindaClement:

The easiest way to do that is by being genuinely kind to yourself. You need to try new things, push your comfort zone and trust yourself --not when the nasty voice in your head is saying negative stuff, but what you like, what you're drawn to and are shy about going for... 

LindaClement
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

How does throwing up count as 'being kind to you'?

How does eating sweets count as 'being kind'?

Walking --that's kind. Unless it only 'counts' if you walk for a minimum number of minutes no matter how you feel...

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

i like walking! i get upset with myself if i eat bad and then i would throw up bc i ate bad! and i've been working on the throwing up for just about 1 year and i'm doing good with it but it's coming back a lil bit! my down fall is sweets or any food that i know i shouldn't have! should i just get rid of all that kind of food! it's hard bc i'm also breastfeeding my son so i can't drop to many cals!

Quoting LindaClement:

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I didnt understand what u were saying sorry. I dont understand how being kind to urself helps u use weight.

Quoting LindaClement:

How does throwing up count as 'being kind to you'?

How does eating sweets count as 'being kind'?

Walking --that's kind. Unless it only 'counts' if you walk for a minimum number of minutes no matter how you feel...

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I agree with Linda in that you have to want this for yourself...you have to hold yourself accountable here mama...you have to want to get healthy for YOU and YOU only!  Make a list of the reasons you want to get healthy and carry that list with you to remind yourself of it daily.  You can do this mama!  Hugs and good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Do you mean that you throw up after eating "bad" food because your stomach is upset or do you  make yourself throw up?  I'm confused here mama.  

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Yes mama ur right i throw up when i eat bad food then i feel bad bc i throw up. I stoped it would be 1 year in dec. I just started up again this last week and i know i can get it under control. I do so good for a few months then throw up for a week then back to doing good for a few months.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Do you mean that you throw up after eating "bad" food because your stomach is upset or do you  make yourself throw up?  I'm confused here mama.  

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

So you're making yourself throw up then?  I'm sorry to hear this mama and hope you're able to get some help!  Feel free to check out another group here on CM called Moms with Eating Problems/Disorders!  

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Yes mama ur right i throw up when i eat bad food then i feel bad bc i throw up. I stoped it would be 1 year in dec. I just started up again this last week and i know i can get it under control. I do so good for a few months then throw up for a week then back to doing good for a few months.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

reneawesley
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I agree that you need to do this for you but if you're making yourself because it's "bad food" you need to get help. Especially if you're starting it back up.
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Quoting reneawesley:

I agree that you need to do this for you but if you're making yourself because it's "bad food" you need to get help. Especially if you're starting it back up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)