Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

i am wanting,/needing to loss weight and i want to do it the healthy way before i got pregnant with my son i throw up 90lbs and i dont' want to go down that road again! my dr wants me on a fresh fruits and veggie and lean meats dite only bc my body is haven't a big prob with all the stuff that is added in boxed stuff now a days! i am in dire need of someone who will hold me accountable on eatting healthy and walking at last 1 time a day! i know thats alot of ask but i need help i have knowone to help me! i know you should want to loss weight for youself! and i do but i would love someone to kinda check on me every once in a while just to see how i am doing!

thanks

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (11-18):
Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I am getting help my dr knows about it him and my hubby r helping me! I just need to set my mind again to NOT throwing up! I know i can do it i have done it before!

Quoting reneawesley:

I agree that you need to do this for you but if you're making yourself because it's "bad food" you need to get help. Especially if you're starting it back up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Hugs.
I agree with darby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Good luck, mama!  I know that eating disorders are tough, but not impossible, to overcome.  You can do it!!  Hopefully finding that balance between proper portions and too much will come with practice.

You can always post in here with your progress as well- we're a very supportive group, and I know other members have struggled with various eating disorders.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:16 AM

I'm glad you are getting help:)  Hugs mama!

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

I am getting help my dr knows about it him and my hubby r helping me! I just need to set my mind again to NOT throwing up! I know i can do it i have done it before!

Quoting reneawesley:

I agree that you need to do this for you but if you're making yourself because it's "bad food" you need to get help. Especially if you're starting it back up.

tairakittie
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Being kind to yourself is eating well, lots of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains, exercising, and at the end of the day, or morning or middle, depending, you can treat yourself with a sweet and DONT puke it back up... Thats being kind to yourself. You said you are breastfeeding, do you think it benefits your son to eat sweeta then puke them back up? What is your son getting out of that? Or would it make more sense to take care of yourself, eat well, feed your son well, and be happier in general? I struggled with an eating disorder or YEARS, I have found the ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off is to actually eat and eat well. I still eat cookies almost every day, but its in moderation and after ive worked out and had breakfast or a nice healthy lunch. Im horrible at eating sweets, but eveb with my sweet tooth, ive lost 40+ lbs and weigh less and am a smaller size than before I got pregnant. The last time I was this weight, I got that way by not eating and walking everywhere... I was not healthy, and then I got pregnant and gained 35lbs over the 9 months, most of it was fat because I atw horribly while pregnant, then crash dieted for 9 months, lost only 15lbs before getting pregnant again and gained 25 more lbs of fat. It took me almost 3 years to work it all off and turn most of it into muscle but it worked and I am healthuer than ive ever been AND I can eat pretty much whatever I want, in moderation, as long as I mostly eat well (fresh fruits and veggies).

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

I didnt understand what u were saying sorry. I dont understand how being kind to urself helps u use weight.

Quoting LindaClement:

How does throwing up count as 'being kind to you'?

How does eating sweets count as 'being kind'?

Walking --that's kind. Unless it only 'counts' if you walk for a minimum number of minutes no matter how you feel...

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

i like walking! i get upset with myself if i eat bad and then i would throw up bc i ate bad! and i've been working on the throwing up for just about 1 year and i'm doing good with it but it's coming back a lil bit! my down fall is sweets or any food that i know i shouldn't have! should i just get rid of all that kind of food! it's hard bc i'm also breastfeeding my son so i can't drop to many cals!

Quoting LindaClement:

You need to hold yourself accountable.

The easiest way to do that is by being genuinely kind to yourself. You need to try new things, push your comfort zone and trust yourself --not when the nasty voice in your head is saying negative stuff, but what you like, what you're drawn to and are shy about going for... 

You might surprise yourself.

One woman I know ended up doing hardcore ironman training...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

your very right thank you, it makes seinc, can you pm me if thats ok!

Quoting tairakittie:

Being kind to yourself is eating well, lots of fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains, exercising, and at the end of the day, or morning or middle, depending, you can treat yourself with a sweet and DONT puke it back up... Thats being kind to yourself. You said you are breastfeeding, do you think it benefits your son to eat sweeta then puke them back up? What is your son getting out of that? Or would it make more sense to take care of yourself, eat well, feed your son well, and be happier in general? I struggled with an eating disorder or YEARS, I have found the ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off is to actually eat and eat well. I still eat cookies almost every day, but its in moderation and after ive worked out and had breakfast or a nice healthy lunch. Im horrible at eating sweets, but eveb with my sweet tooth, ive lost 40+ lbs and weigh less and am a smaller size than before I got pregnant. The last time I was this weight, I got that way by not eating and walking everywhere... I was not healthy, and then I got pregnant and gained 35lbs over the 9 months, most of it was fat because I atw horribly while pregnant, then crash dieted for 9 months, lost only 15lbs before getting pregnant again and gained 25 more lbs of fat. It took me almost 3 years to work it all off and turn most of it into muscle but it worked and I am healthuer than ive ever been AND I can eat pretty much whatever I want, in moderation, as long as I mostly eat well (fresh fruits and veggies).

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

I didnt understand what u were saying sorry. I dont understand how being kind to urself helps u use weight.

Quoting LindaClement:

Walking --that's kind. Unless it only 'counts' if you walk for a minimum number of minutes no matter how you feel...

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

i like walking! i get upset with myself if i eat bad and then i would throw up bc i ate bad! and i've been working on the throwing up for just about 1 year and i'm doing good with it but it's coming back a lil bit! my down fall is sweets or any food that i know i shouldn't have! should i just get rid of all that kind of food! it's hard bc i'm also breastfeeding my son so i can't drop to many cals!

Quoting LindaClement:

The easiest way to do that is by being genuinely kind to yourself. You need to try new things, push your comfort zone and trust yourself --not when the nasty voice in your head is saying negative stuff, but what you like, what you're drawn to and are shy about going for... 

LindaClement
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Being kind to yourself requires taking proper care of your whole body. That means eating healthy fuel for your body to function well... and moving your body so it functions well... and getting sufficient sleep so your body functions well...

Being mean to yourself is an awesome way to diet yourself up to 400, 600, 900 pounds. There is simply no other way to get there.

I would strongly recommend reading pretty much anything by Geneen Roth. She says it better than I can.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Geneen Roth is a great author...I have 2 of her books:)

Quoting LindaClement:

Being kind to yourself requires taking proper care of your whole body. That means eating healthy fuel for your body to function well... and moving your body so it functions well... and getting sufficient sleep so your body functions well...

Being mean to yourself is an awesome way to diet yourself up to 400, 600, 900 pounds. There is simply no other way to get there.

I would strongly recommend reading pretty much anything by Geneen Roth. She says it better than I can.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)