Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 11 Vegetables

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 138 Replies

*BONUS DAY-
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Welcome to Day 11 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

Do you like veggies?

What are your favorite veggies/ veggie dishes?

How do you get your family to eat vegtables?

What veggies will you be eating today?

Remember that veggies should be roughly 50% of your plate during meals.

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

fingers crossed*Official Rules

• The October Weight Loss Challenge sweepstakes starts 9/27/12 at 10:00am (ET) and ends 11/2/2012 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to each receive a CafeMom coffee mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/14/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ForeverInLove
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yes, I like veggies!

I usually make a veggie with dinner, and they must be tried. Period. 

I give things to eat them with, for the kids, if needed. So, carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli all get to be eaten with dressing or dip. I prefer to eat them that way too. 

Corn isn't a veggie, but it's still something we eat often.

I put peas into noodle dishes that I make, like casseroles.

I plan on making green bean casserole soon :)

What are my favs? Peas. I LOVE peas... Peas with brown rice, and oven baked chicken in herb and garlic or lemon pepper marinade. Yum!

What will I eat today? Who knows. I'll decide that at dinner time, lol

ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I like most veggies. Broccoli and cauliflower and fresh sugar snap peas are family favorites. My kids are very good about eattig veggies!

Not sure what veggies we're having today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Do you like veggies? I absolutely LOVE veggies!

What are your favorite veggies/ veggie dishes? I love salads and stir fry meals. I like bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and celery the most.

How do you get your family to eat vegtables? I add them to meat dishes and I make a lot of salads.

What veggies will you be eating today? Lettuce, tomato, onion, potatoes, celery, and carrots.

rebekahmuse
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I love veggies! All kinds really depending on how they're cooked. Everyone in the house has their favorite, but we can all pretty much agree on broccoli and green beans :o)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Do you like veggies? LOVE them!!!

What are your favorite veggies/ veggie dishes? Umm...all of them?? LOL I love spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, squash, broccoli, cauliflower.. the only thing I loathe is celery to be honest...and rutabagas..

How do you get your family to eat vegtables? I make them all the time, but my children fight me constantly. The only thing that don't fight me over is my meatloaf. I make turkey meatloaf loaded with spinach, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, and sometimes I put zucchini in it as well.. I also top it with sliced tomatoes. They love it! 

What veggies will you be eating today? Salad for lunch- red cabbage, romaine, iceberg, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and for dinner, I will probably make mashed cauliflower, zucchini with onions, carrots and broccoli and I will probably eat some veggies with hummus for a snack later..mmmm

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

MamaKarrot
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I love veggies!

My favorite is probably broccoli.  I mix it into a lot of dinners, but we also love sweet potatoes, spinach, and chard.  I make a lot of dark greens at home because they are more nutritious.

I really didn't have to try to get my family to eat them, I just offer offer offer and eventually they eat.  :)

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Do you like veggies? Mmmmm, yes!!

What are your favorite veggies/ veggie dishes? Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Carrots, Green Beans, Broccoli, Peas, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Garlic, etc.

How do you get your family to eat vegtables? Just cook it :-) They're pretty good about eating/liking vegetabels.

What veggies will you be eating today? i think I'm going to make an egg veggie scramble so probably tomatos and mushrooms. We'll eat some for lunch and dinner too. I'm not sure what yet, but we'll see. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

sexydiva4279
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I love veggies. My favorites are the ones that come frozen in steamer bags with a sauce. They are quick And easy. I either eat them as a side dish or mix it with whole wheat pasta for a meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fnlyhappy65
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I love veggies.  My fav is some zuc/squash with a little olive oil grilled with a sprinkle of parmesan on top. 

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I love veggies! There are very few tht I don't like. And i am very fortunate that my kids love them as much as me! I love salads, I love zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, corn...I could go on and on. I will probably be having a salad for lunch, and I'm not sure about dinner yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)