Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

ali's journey journal.... :)

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

hey everyone I'm Ali I'm 22 i have two kids one daughter and one son and three stepsons that live in another state. when i had dd I gained a ton of weight I went from about 160- 240 and had a really traumatic birth so it took me a while to recover finally when i did I ended up getting pregnant with ds(both of them are a year and a half apart in age). fast forward to now. i thank god ended up at the end of this 20 pounds lighter then I was after having dd with ds by eating right and doing light exercises and lots of walking. now finally Ive been told by my dr. that I'm all set to start working out. I've been using the Noom app to count my calories it suggests that i eat 1480 calories a day which I'm on day two and doing awesome! at the moment I'm doing a mix of things to keep me interested. one day i'll do a video from the insanity work out then next day I'll walk two miles and the next day I'll pop in zumba in my xbox for about 30 min while the kids nap and the next day I'll walk another two miles  that kind of thing. the reason I'm doing this journal is to push my self and i know if I make this public I'll be more then likely to do this and keep it up. 

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM

today I weighed in at 215 today ... Wow that was hard to type. for breakfast I had a spinach mushroom and egg omelette scramble for lunch I just made myself up a kale strawberrybanana smoothie and some cooked veggie mix that had zucchini squashbroccoli cauliflower and carrots. and for dinner dh and I had spaghetti in the end I made my goal my work out was two different workouts that I found on the internet one for love handles and one for arms and then i went on a short one mile walk.

alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Today I did just horrible we went to a fair like pumpkin patch corn maze thing with the kids and family I didn't even think about watching what I ate I indulged in the donuts and hukleberry lemonade they had there! Omg it was soo good!. I didn't track anything and I didn't weight myself. I'm still super sore from yesterday's workout. But managed to walk a ton and even get a small work out in before bed. Tommorrow I'll be right back on track all we have planned is watching football all day with the kids and hubby. And if it doesn't rain zumba and a two mile walk I think sounds good! I'm off to bed night! :)
alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

today was a good day my noom says i consumed 1350 calories and my weight was 211 when I weight myself. today was a pretty lazy day i went for a walk and an worked on my legs and abs today for about fifteen minutes. i forgot how good i feel after a workout! 

iwannalose10
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

u can do it mama,,

keep it up!!

Goodluck!!

alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

thanks!

Quoting iwannalose10:

u can do it mama,,

keep it up!!

Goodluck!!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM

You can do it! 

I do want to touch on one thing- I don't think you are eating enough.. I can guarantee that your BMR is higher than 1480. A lot of those apps and sites underestimate calorie goals. If you give me your height, I can do your BMR for you and you can adjust the goals in your app. Also, you have to remember that since I account for exercise in my calculations, you do not eat back exercise calories like you should be doing since those apps don't account for it. 

Good luck!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mcginnisc:

You can do it! 

I do want to touch on one thing- I don't think you are eating enough.. I can guarantee that your BMR is higher than 1480. A lot of those apps and sites underestimate calorie goals. If you give me your height, I can do your BMR for you and you can adjust the goals in your app. Also, you have to remember that since I account for exercise in my calculations, you do not eat back exercise calories like you should be doing since those apps don't account for it. 

Good luck!

This one actually does account for it. I set an excessive schedule and it calculates from there and I'm not doing any serious working out at the moment I just had a baby and I set it to lose two pounds a week for starters. I plan on cutting back to one and working out harder when I plateau my body is so weird it honestly doesn't matter what I eat once I start exercising I just shed the weight like crazy. I'm totally new at losing weight by counting calories so I could be doing it all wrong.

I'd be happy to give you my info though. :) I'm five two.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM

BMR: 1778 ( this is the least amount of calories you should be consuming daily.) 

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1778*1.55= 2755

To lose 1 lb per week: 2755-500=2255

Your ideal calorie range is 1778-2255 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

It is not recommended for you to cut 1000 calories as it would put you below your BMR, which is what you would need for 2 lbs per week. 

That said, it is entirely possible to shed 2 lbs per week in the beginning as it will be mostly water weight. It is going to slow down a lot after a couple of weeks though. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Quoting mcginnisc:

BMR: 1778 ( this is the least amount of calories you should be consuming daily.) 

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week: 1778*1.55= 2755

To lose 1 lb per week: 2755-500=2255

Your ideal calorie range is 1778-2255 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

It is not recommended for you to cut 1000 calories as it would put you below your BMR, which is what you would need for 2 lbs per week. 

That said, it is entirely possible to shed 2 lbs per week in the beginning as it will be mostly water weight. It is going to slow down a lot after a couple of weeks though. 

That's awesome thank you!
alibrezzy154
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:28 AM
So yesterday was spent running around going to the park and shopping that kinda thing. I was still able to eat pretty healthy except for the icecream Dh wanted to take dd to get. Thank goodness they had frozen yogurt. :). As for exercise while Dh played with dd I had ds in my Moby and walked around the park and the beach I timed it @ 20 minutes. For dinner I just had a large bowl of cooked veggies. And some green tea.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN