Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

October Weight Loss Challenge: Day 23 Hours of Sleep

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 78 Replies

Welcome to Day 23 of the October Weight Loss Challenge!

On average, how many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Do you take naps?

Did you know lack of sleep can contribute to weight gain and/or difficulty losing weight?

Health professionals and research agree, to reap the benefits of sleep for weight loss, you should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.

• Getting 4 hours of sleep a night produces negative changes in metabolism, mainly glucose and insulin, which can lead to weight gain
  • Lack of sleep affects the hormornes that influence body weight
  • Hormonal changes inflicted by lack of sleep may also cause you to crave unhealthy foods linked to weight gain.

One member who signs up for our October Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 20 of the daily activity posts will  be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Join our October Weight Loss Challenge! WIN $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM

On average, how many hours of sleep do you get a night? I typically average 6 hours per night.

Do you take naps? No..I can't take naps.

Did you know lack of sleep can contribute to weight gain and/or difficulty losing weight?Yep...knew that one!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I get about 6 or 7 hours. Sometimes more on the weekends. I don't take naps. I know I should get more sleep. I work out at night and don't want to cut that out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM

sleep um depends on the baby. last night if I add it all together I got 5 or 6 hours. and that was her actually sleeping a lot.

naps? idk what those are. I have a 5yr old, a 3yr old,a 2yr old, and a breastfeeding 1 1/2 month old.

I know lack of sleep can have negitive affects but I can't do anything about it yet.

EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I usually get 4-6... Naps when I can squeeze them in, but if my 5 & 2 year old nap, it makes for a late night for them & a stressful evening for me (sometimes those few hours during the day is still worth it!!). I keep planning on going to bed earlier but it just doesn't happen. I get sucked into my primetime shows until 11 and end up with a second wind to clean up the house a bit after that. Ive also lived with insomnia over the years
dream528
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Ha! Sleep is kinda a joke at my house...

I'm a world champion sleeper - I like my sleep.  BUT, I have young kids (8 months and 2 years old). So I don't get as much as I'd like and it sure isn't uninterrupted sleep.  Before my wonderful kiddos, I clocked in a good 8 hours a night and always felt refreshed. Nowadays, if I get 5 hours I'm feeling pretty lucky!

frankiesma530
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I got about 6 hours last night but I usually get 7 sometimes 8 if I`m lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I usually get about 6-8 sometimes less depending on how much schoolwork I have to do and whether I'm tired or not.

Bmat
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I get about 6 hours a night, I'd get more only I feel uncomfortable sleeping in.

Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM
I get about 6-7 hours. Wish I could get a couple more because no, I don't take naps. I knew sleep effects weightloss, along with many other things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chaniellesmom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM

My son is 8 weeks old. I haven't slept more than 4 hours since my 6th month of pregnancy. I try to get a nap in

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)