Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone else an emotional eater?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

It has been an emotional rollercoaster ride for the past 2 weeks. First there was the 5 year anniversary of the death of my Papa, then my grandma was admitted into the hospital and during that time my brother was also admiitted into the hospital. And to top it all off...some major personal issues with DH, issues that have been killing me inside and that I don't know I'll be able to ever look past.  

I've always been an emotional eater since who knows when, but I've somehow pushed myself through it this past week. I don't know how I did it, but I did. Mostly probably because I've just been feeling sick to my stomach and was just full of disgust. It makes me sad that I have finally broken a plateu and am seeing results that I should be happy about, but I just can't seem to be excited.  

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nlonnon
by Tasha on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Hugs, I'm sorry for all that is going on in your world!  I hope things improve for you.  Yes, I'm an emotional eater, which is why I have gained about 9-10 pounds the last few months :(  Getting back on track though :)

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Thank you. As much as I want to get past everything that's happened, I just can't right now. It's too hard.

I'm sure you'll be able to pull through. At least you are getting back on track, you can do it.  

Quoting nlonnon:

Hugs, I'm sorry for all that is going on in your world!  I hope things improve for you.  Yes, I'm an emotional eater, which is why I have gained about 9-10 pounds the last few months :(  Getting back on track though :)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I'm really sorry you're having a hard time but that's great that you were able to hold the over-eating at bay!  My  husband is a major stress-eater so I can understand a bit :(

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It definitely wasn't easy, but I knew that I've been working hard and knew I would feel even worse if I was to back track.

Quoting Stefanie83:

I'm really sorry you're having a hard time but that's great that you were able to hold the over-eating at bay!  My  husband is a major stress-eater so I can understand a bit :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I'm just like Tasha...I'm a stress and emotional eater and I've also packed on about 8-10 pounds in the last few months:(

Quoting nlonnon:

loomis9
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I am also stress and emotional eater.  Every time I have to go to my in-laws house I eat like crazy the week before.  We go once a month if not more and I haven't been able to stop my stress eating.

LilSarahgirl
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Yes I defiantly am and my dh is too which makes it even harder. When I gave a bad day, he suggests ice cream.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Oh wow! Are they that nuts?!

Quoting loomis9:

I am also stress and emotional eater.  Every time I have to go to my in-laws house I eat like crazy the week before.  We go once a month if not more and I haven't been able to stop my stress eating.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Just need to take things one day at a time. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I have never been an emotional eater....I know it is hard for those that are though. Good job on staying on track through the stress! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)