Do you stretch before and or after a workout?
Do you use stretching as a form of exercise?
Do you stretch even if you are not working out (ie for healthy & wellness)?
Adding a stretching regimen to your fitness routine can help you to gain flexibility.
The benefits of stretching include:
- Can increase your range of motion over time
- Decreases the chance of injury during a workout or physical activity
- Stretching twice a week will keep your muscles from stiffening and shortening over time
- Stretching muscles and tendons improves circulation of water and nutrients throughout the body, slowing the aging process
- Lengthens muscles leading to better posture
Ten basic stretches are:
- Calf stretch
- Hamstring stretch
- Quadriceps stretch
- Hip flexor stretch
- Iliotibial band (ITB) stretch
- Knee-to-chest stretch
- Shoulder stretch
- Shoulder stretch with towel
- Neck stretch
- Upper back stretch
on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM