Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I get awful migranes and have since I was a kid.  My Dr. knows this - I get perscriptions for it, but I usually stick with excedrin because it dulls the pain enough for me to function without costing me $90 AFTER insurance, lol.

I only get them a few times a month, but they are debilitating.  Like sweating, nauseated, awful.

Lately they've been happening in the middle of the night and waking me up from my sleep.  It's awful.  Last night it happened again so I'm just wondering if anyone else goes through this?

Usually mine are diet related (like when I cleaned up my diet and lost weight I get them less and less, and if I eat bad I am pretty prone to getting one) but can also be allergy related (like this week they have been harvesting the farms around my house and all of our noses are dry and painful and awful, fun lol)

by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-11):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM
That's a very common culprit! Hopefully getting that out of your diet will make all the difference!

Quoting MamaKarrot:

DH and I figured it out.  It's almost always MSG that causes them (which is why once I stopped eating junk food it got better), and I tried a piece of some jerky he brought home last night and he told me it had MSG in it.  Doy.  LOL live and learn I guess.  I'll have to be more careful.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN