Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Those who have tried to lose weight multiple times before

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 29 Replies
What makes this time different? Different from the times you gave up. I want this time to be different, but I wanted last time to be different too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I just made up in my mind to do it this time. I've had setbacks but I pick myself up and start over with the next meal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Made up my mind , I was So sick of being fatter than my husband , got fed up of hating looking in the mirror. I wanted to go shopping in the section that wasn't plus size.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I just knew I had to do it for me.  

MamaKarrot
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

This time I joined this group and logged my food and never let myself go hungry.

All of the other times I thought a grumbling tummy = weight loss, but I was so wrong, and that's why I always quit.  Now that I eat healthy and stay full I am successful.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I think it really is a journey and if you're serious about it than you don't give up.  I had to find out what was going to work for me.  It's easier for me to eat 3 larger meals a day than a bunch of smaller meals and snacks.  When I was eating more often I was always thinking about food and obsessing and often eating just because it was that time of day (12:00- lunch! 3:00- snack! 6:00- dinner!)  and not because I was truly  hungry.  Sometimes I think I'm the total opposite of what works for everyone else.  LOL 

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Losing weight is hard for me. What I think is different about this time is that I have figured out that my body processes certain foods better than others. If I eat those foods, I lose weight more consistently. So... because I am having some success... I am inspired to keep going.

Silvertears1275
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Because it's not just about weight loss anymore.  It's about becoming healthier.  Yes, I track my weight, but I try to focus more on other aspects more because the scale doesn't always show that much progress. 

QueenieAbby
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

It's all about replacing old bad habits with healthy habits.  Habits stick with a person for a lifetime. 

wink

~ Abby Campbell, BSc, ISSA FNS & SSN, ACT CPT

"Food can be used as a poison or a prescription. Why not use it as a prescription for good health? Learn a healthy lifestyle with www.911BodyResQ.com and AbbyCampbellOnline.com!"  Connect with me on Facebook!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Rock bottom.  Period.  That's what did it.  I had to hit rock bottom before I got serious.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:12 AM

The mindset is different.  This isn't a diet.  I have taught myself how I need to eat to lose weight---and also gained the knowledge of how I should eat to maintain.  I have given up nothing---I eat all the foods I used to, but in smaller portions and less often. 

I have accepted that I am a stress eater.  I have found that exercise does relieve the stress--so I do that instead of eating.

I have accepted that a slower rate of loss means I have had more time to learn how to eat properly.  I am 2 years into my journey.  104 pounds down.  Average of 1 pound per week.  Sometimes it felt fast, quite often it felt slow.  But it's 2 years of learning the habits I need to keep my weight down for the rest of my life.

I have accepted that I will mess up.  I will overeat.  I will binge. I will have birthdays to celebrate.  Anniversaries.  Holidays.    But I have learned to get back on track after these times.  I did not get fat because of one birthday or holiday.  Or one binge.  It was eating like a holiday every day of the year.

Last thing: Exercise is now something I can't live without.  After 2 days not working out, I get antsy.  On day 3, I get nasty.  It is something that not only de-stresses me, but also makes me feel good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)