Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Paleo/GAPS/Candida diet

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone else doing any of these?
I have systemic Candida and started with Candida diet (not the hard core cleanse bc I didn't have that in me, I did a two day fast with broths.)

I'm still eating from the Candida Diet approved foods list *green veggies and meat, no sugar, including fruit* I take probiotics and milk thistle for liver support during Candida die-off, and Candida Clear to help kill the crap.

I'll be easing into more Paleo/GAPS soon. I don't think I'm done with the die-off yet, it keeps coming in waves.

I'll add links to each and post the at home test for Candida.

Anyhow- I've lost 28 pounds in the past two months just by cutting out sugar and grains and dairy and killing off some of the Candida. *which is yeast in the system* I feel AWESOME. My mood has improved so much. I didn't even start this to lose weight, that's just a VERY happy side effect. I started this to get healthier and help my mental health (I was very depressed an anxious)

Anyone else doing anything like this?

Candida Diet

GAPS

Paleo

Spit test for Candida

and yes, my dr knows and fully supports all of this. :P

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I follow Paleo/primal. My diabetic educator/nutritionist had a fit because I've "cut out whole groups of food"...you know, that conventional thinking crap. I asked what she advised patients that were sensitive/allergic to gluten or dairy. She didn't have an answer.
HelloSweetie
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Im so lucky my doctor is so open minded. Plus, can't deny I have systemic Candida.

I've been reading up on Primal. What do you think of it so far?

Quoting michiganmom116:

I follow Paleo/primal. My diabetic educator/nutritionist had a fit because I've "cut out whole groups of food"...you know, that conventional thinking crap. I asked what she advised patients that were sensitive/allergic to gluten or dairy. She didn't have an answer.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Primal is more lax than Paleo, so for many people it wouldn't work.  However, the principles of eating foods that contribute to our health and avoiding those that are detrimental are the same.  I see discrepancies with individual philosophies on both sides so I just stick to the science.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Im so lucky my doctor is so open minded. Plus, can't deny I have systemic Candida.

Quoting michiganmom116:

HelloSweetie
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I like the structure of Paleo. I have some raging OCD and I like the definitions of "eat this, not this". :P Although I do hope to eventual evolve into more Primal. I love reading marksdailyapple.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Primal is more lax than Paleo, so for many people it wouldn't work.  However, the principles of eating foods that contribute to our health and avoiding those that are detrimental are the same.  I see discrepancies with individual philosophies on both sides so I just stick to the science.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting michiganmom116:

nlonnon
by Tasha on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad you have found something that works for you!  Sometimes that is 1/2 the battle!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Mark's Daily Apple is the site that introduced me to this lifestyle. It was the most life-changing day of my life!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I agree here! Good for you mama!

Quoting nlonnon:

Glad you have found something that works for you!  Sometimes that is 1/2 the battle!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Down 27lbs
inches lost

NECK- - 1.3 inches
WAIST- - 4.25 inches
HIPS- - 3 inches
roxysmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I follow a Primal (paleo without the hardcore no dairy, no potatoes, etc., I prefer a more logical look at this lifestyle) diet. I love it! 

roxysmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Love Mark Sisson! Have you checked out J. Stanton of gnolls.org? I love his posts and he is like minded to Mark on his approach as well.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Mark's Daily Apple is the site that introduced me to this lifestyle. It was the most life-changing day of my life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)