Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Weight loss and 3 kids

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am a mother of 3 kids, I have a husband who loves greasey, fatty, junk food lol... dont get me wrong i love that type of food as well.. its easier to order a pizza or fry up something then to sit and plan meals that there is a 50/50 chance my kids, husband or i might or might not like it. I need some tips and ideas that have worked for others i dont want to be a size 0.. but im almost 200 pounds and very unhappy when i look in the mirror.. i want that feeling where you look into a mirror and you say wow i am looking good...
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Start with just trying to make one meal better. Then work in a walk after dinner and slowly go from there.

I try to eat before I give jot family dinner or I make mine before do I don't get lazy at the end of the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ImaFlippinMama
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Hi there! I'm Brittney... I can help you lose weight and get healthy! :) Message me!fingers crossed

mom2boyz8811
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:14 AM
I have 3 kids too so believe me I know where you are coming from. By no means am I perfect but I do have some suggestions that work for us. Dinner is the meal I'll concentrate on since that is the once we eat together. First figure out what veggies your family will eat. I try to serve at least one veggie that everyone likes so usually I prepare two. One is usually a spinach salad (my kids love this, go figure!) and the other is some often a steamfresh veggie if some kind. I also always serve fruit with dinner. I do usually have a starch: brown rice, whole wheat pasta or bread or potatoes. Some of our favorite proteins are roasted chicken, pork loin, BBQ chicken or porkchops in the crockpot, turkey burgers, baked chicken with diced tomatoes. I prepare all if these very simply and they are all super easy and hassle free.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning! 

You can make just about everything healthier. Make simple switches to start. 

Ground turkey or chicken for ground beef- chili, enchiladas, tacos, burgers

Add veggies to things to "bulk it up"- spaghetti sauce, chili, meatloaf, in mac n cheese or mashed potatoes

Whole grains over white: pasta, rice, breads

Here are some things that we eat: 

Turkey meatloaf- loaded with onions, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, zucchini, carrots, spinach, topped with sliced tomatoes instead of a sauce. My kids devour it and they are uber picky! 

Chili- I use ground turkey

Omelets- I bulk them up with tons of veggies

Roasting veggies brings out the natural sugars and makes them very sweet by the way! I roast veggies for sandwiches and to add to pasta or salads/wraps. I also make them as side dishes. 

Last night, we had grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and steamed green beans. I normally would not use potatoes, but I had some and we are going out of town this weekend so I needed to use them so they did not spoil. 

I meal plan, but only for dinners. 

This week: Chili, pork chops with mashed potatoes and veggies, tonight we are going to a potluck at Church, tomorrow we are having chicken sandwiches with sweet potato fries and veggies, weekends are for leftovers especially since we are leaving this weekend for FL for the holiday. It does not take me long to make a weekly menu ( about 10 minutes or so) since I look at what I already have in the freezer for protein and veggies and plan accordingly. I spend about $85-$100 per week on groceries. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Autiziumom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM
My husband as well liked food like that, but he decided to change for his health too. Try speaking to ur husband about how impotant it is to lose weight and the benefits! I know its not e z but it is worth it. U need support and help to change ur eating habits! I know I had too n it was hard!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN